+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teixeira: 'I don't worry about Jon Jones because I'm gonna knock this guy out'

Quote Originally Posted by calpat1985 View Post
    I agree but if Bader catches you with a punch who isn't going to get rocked??.
    Not just Bader, he got rocked by Maldonado pretty good as well. I just don't see him getting it done
    Believe in the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    Not just Bader, he got rocked by Maldonado pretty good as well. I just don't see him getting it done
    Him being rocked by Maldonado was way overblown by Joe. He was stunned for a couple seconds but he was fine and never in trouble. His chin looked pretty against Rampage who landed some good shots on him.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

I don't think Jones will finish Glover. Glover has good (but not great) wrestling, good jiu-jitsu (I don't know how he is off his back though, so I do claim limited knowledge on this aspect) and of course heavy hands. If Jones becomes careless at any point, he could potentially get caught by a bomb from Texiera.

However I think Jones wins a unanimous decision. His length and striking arsenal will likely give Glover fits and cause him to try and charge in with an attempted flurry. When that happens Jones' plan will likely be to defend, wait for an opening and clinch up for a takedown. On the ground he avoids any sub attempts Glover may throw up and set up ground and pound. I don't see him getting a ton of shots in though, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I think Glover's ground defense is better than it actually is.

I am hoping for a Glover victory via knockout because I do like Texiera. But I'd pick Jones via decision.

UFC Quick Quote: Glover Teixeira has really good defense, he just got hit once or twice
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/3/30/55...-baltimore-mma

"I think his ace in the hole is his unbelievable one-punch knockout power. He got caught once or twice. I mean it's a fight. It's like telling a football team 'oh your guy got tackled once or twice.' I mean he got hit once or twice, exactly, so he really has good defense, but it's a fight and when somebody so dominant gets hit at all, people are like 'oh the guy got tagged!' We work a lot of defense, Just like in swimming you jump into the water you're gonna get wet, if you jump into a fight you're gonna get hit."

John Hackleman, trainer for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) number one contender Glover Teixeira, told Submission Radio (via The Underground) he's not overly concerned with the amount of damage the Brazilian took in his most recent fight against Ryan Bader.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Throw some intelligent bombs Glover!

It's kinda funny that there was such a big Glover hype train on his way to getting a title shot against Jones. Once he received his title shot after a win against Bader, two things happened: Gustafsson almost beat Jones and Cormier dropped down to 205. Those two things overshadowed the Glover hype train. Glover is no joke and he could really play spoilers to any future plans Zuffa has.

JONES BEATS THE SHIT OUTA GLOVER.

Body strikes mince meat.

Nostral_dumass has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    JONES BEATS THE SHIT OUTA GLOVER.

Body strikes mince meat.

Nostral_dumass has spoken.
    Odds are ! I just hope Glover doesn't wait around and keep taking shots from the outside. He needs to rush Bones with combos and pray one lands. Bones likes to tee off and wear down his opponents with those flashing spinning kicks that usually land! I cant see Glover capitalizing on the kicks as Machida did. My money would be on Bones but my Heart on Glover!

Jon Jones, Glover Teixeira randomly drug tested ahead of UFC 172 title fight
    “The Maryland Commission sent a lab to drug test me and I’m glad they did,” Jones told Ariel Helwani on the most recent edition of FOX Sports 1’s “UFC Tonight.” “It was urine and blood. They had a test for HGH, I think it was HGH, then they had a urine test that detects all other type of stuff.”

MMAjunkie subsequently confirmed with Teixeira’s camp that the challenger also submitted a sample for the same battery of tests.

According to Jones, the random testing was the result of a request from his management team, who felt it was a good chance to clear his name of any foul play ahead of the April 26 championship bout from Baltimore Arena.

“It was something me and my management team asked for several months ago,” Jones said. “We thought it would be great to make sure everyone was playing fair in this fight. I’m not accusing my opponent of anything, but it’d just be great to see.

“They said they would need the UFC to approve it, the UFC approved it and paid for the whole thing and they never told me or Glover when our tests would come. I’m happy that it came.”
    “I have no right to accuse him of being on anything,” Jones said. “I know when people get chances to fight for world titles maybe they’ll do anything to get an edge, and I think the only edge you should have it work ethic so I thought we should both get tested.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I don't think anyone was accusing Jones of using PEDs wtf is he talking about? Also how is it a random drug test if it was result of a request by Jones' management.

I think Jones is hoping Glover is on the juice so the fight gets scrapped and Cormier fills in. That card would probably sell better, thus making Jones more money.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information