Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Henderson vs. Rustam Khabilov headlines June 7th UFC Fight Night in Albuquerque

Default Ben Henderson vs. Rustam Khabilov headlines June 7th UFC Fight Night in Albuquerque

Ben Henderson vs. Rustam Khabilov headlines June 7th UFC Fight Night in Albuquerque
    Former lightweight champion Ben Henderson will take part in a five-round main event opposite Rustam Khabilov this June in New Mexico.

Big news for UFC fans in the southwestern part of the US. June 7th will mark the organization's first ever trip to New Mexico, and the main event has already been confirmed. Former WEC and UFC lightweight title holder Ben Henderson is set for a big clash with Dagestan's Rustam Khabilov in Albuquerque:

UFC heads to Albuquerque on June 7th with @BensonHenderson vs @RustamTheTiger. Via @ABQJournal http://t.co/ccIJjI31ZZ
    — UFC News (@UFCNews) March 18, 2014

Easy win for Bendo...

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Jesus....that's a step down in competition.

Not a shot at Khabilov but Henderson just beat Josh Thomson.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

WTF? Why didn't they have Henderson fight Khabib? This is a trap fight for Henderson I think Khabilov is extremely underrated. He hasn't lost in the UFC yet and only loss of his career is a split decision. If any one remembers, he was billed as "the lightweight Fedor" when he first signed.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    WTF? Why didn't they have Henderson fight Khabib? This is a trap fight for Henderson I think Khabilov is extremely underrated. He hasn't lost in the UFC yet and only loss of his career is a split decision. If any one remembers, he was billed as "the lightweight Fedor" when he first signed.
    Is that the dude that wrestling bears when he was a kid?

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Is that the dude that wrestling bears when he was a kid?
    negative that was Khabib

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    negative that was Khabib
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Thank you.
    Yeah khabib was the bear wrestler. Kabilov is the guy bloody elbow decided is the next Fedor.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/16...-the-signature
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Yeah , I am glad Bendo is willing to fight anyone and good on him but this is as well a slap in the face.
    He is the ex champ and they could not match him up with the likes of Cerrone or Diaz or anyone of that caliber that would put him a touch closer to getting good a shot again?
    Regardless, always down to watch Bendo fight so, WAR Bendo!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    Yeah , I am glad Bendo is willing to fight anyone and good on him but this is as well a slap in the face.
    He is the ex champ and they could not match him up with the likes of Cerrone or Diaz or anyone of that caliber that would put him a touch closer to getting good a shot again?
    Regardless, always down to watch Bendo fight so, WAR Bendo!
    The problem for Bendo right now is that he's at least a couple wins away from a title shot best case scenario. They aren't going to throw him again with Pettis anytime soon. His run of very close fights starting with Edgar and right up to Thomson doesn't help his cause either.

I'm sure at this point the UFC doesn't want him derailing another potential contender like he did with Thomson and especially in the manner that he got the decision.

Thread Information