Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben Henderson vs. Rustam Khabilov headlines June 7th UFC Fight Night in Albuquerque

I'd love to see Benson lose this only to see what the UFC would do about it.
    Maybe they're setting him up to be the next Jon Fitch.
    "Look Benson, you haven't finished a single fight in the UFC and we want to see people end fights... and you just lost. We're letting you go."
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    Yeah , I am glad Bendo is willing to fight anyone and good on him but this is as well a slap in the face.
    He is the ex champ and they could not match him up with the likes of Cerrone or Diaz or anyone of that caliber that would put him a touch closer to getting good a shot again?
    Regardless, always down to watch Bendo fight so, WAR Bendo!
    I don't see why they would have him fight Diaz, as he just beat Diaz within the last year. Cerrone is a more appropriate choice in the LW rankings but I think Bendo blows Cerrone away. It would not surprise me if they offered the fight to Cerrone and he/his camp turned it down.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    "Look Benson, you haven't finished a single fight in the UFC and we want to see people end fights... and you just lost. We're letting you go."
    Nah it is definitely different. First of all Ben was champ and defended his belt more than once. There is no way in hell he would get cut after one loss. Also, at least Ben was once an incredibly exciting fighter in WEC so he has highlight footage. The biggest highlights of fitch's career is losing to gsp and getting KO'd by Hendricks.

Also Dana hated Fitch, they had multiple clashes. I believe there was some argument over the first video game or something and then Dana also got pissed at him saying he doesn't know if he wants a title shot or not.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Besides the former champ difference being mentioned.. Benson just beat a high ranked guy and is still a threat to most of the top 5 and is certainly capable of regaining the belt depending on the layout of the LW division.

He probably thought he was fighting the other Russian. He saw the fight announcement and said "I'm fighting who?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

lol

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Thread Information