Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johny Hendricks says he has torn bicep, will undergo surgery on Monday

Default Johny Hendricks says he has torn bicep, will undergo surgery on Monday

Johny Hendricks says he has torn bicep, will undergo surgery on Monday

UFC welterweight champion Johny Hendricks has revealed that he has a torn bicep and will undergo surgery to fix the injury next Monday.

The UFC welterweight champion is apparently going to be on the shelf for a while. Johny Hendricks stated after his title win at UFC 171 over Robbie Lawler that he had an elbow injury, but didn't know the extent of it. Today, he revealed that it was a torn bicep. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani tweeted about it:

Ariel Helwani ✔ @arielhelwani
    Follow
    Johny Hendricks was just on KROQ in LA. Torn bicep. Surgery on Monday.
    8:58 AM - 19 Mar 2014

Interim Title: GSP returns against Nick Diaz!

Which will set up the WW Title Unification for the Universe TITLE OF THE WORLD GSP vs HENDRICKS II FOR THE WW TITLE UNIFICATION FOR THE UNIVERSE TITLE OF THE UFC WORLD!!!

Last edited by KevoOnTheRadio; 03-19-2014 at 12:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Interim Title: GSP returns against Nick Diaz!

Which will set up the WW Title Unification for the Universe TITLE OF THE WORLD GSP vs HENDRICKS II FOR THE WW TITLE UNIFICATION FOR THE UNIVERSE TITLE OF THE UFC WORLD!!!

Haha nothing but gold in this post

Well fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

For GSP to come back to the UFC, it would require some heavy demands to be fulfilled by the UFC in regards to the whole PED testing and the backstage political bullshit that the UFC has been implementing for last few years. GSP has mentioned in an interview that he won't compete in the MMA if the UFC, (who have the power and influence to work with AC to bring about the changes in regards to the way testing is done), don't bring all the necessary changes that are needed to advance the sport further. He is also looking for respect from the Lorenzo and Dana especially, seeing how they have been putting words in his mouth and have downplayed his accomplishments as well as everything he did in helping the company grow in favor of 2 other whiny, diva-like superstars.

Honestly, I don't see the UFC every crossing the 750k PPV buy rate without GSP (much less a million) with any one current champion. The UFC would have to stack cards up with 2 title fights like they did in UFC 168, to get big PPV numbers.

So lets have lombard/woodley, Rory/Diaz, Tarec/kim in any mix up of matches to determine number 1 (doesn't have to be specifically matched up like that)

Maybe make this all on one card possibly in the summer.

All of Kevo's awesomesawce aside,

Book MacDonald/Woodley for #1 contender in late July, with the title shot coming in November. I'd then book Lombard vs winner of Saffiedine/Ellenberger for September or so, and give the winner of that the next-next title shot, probably in March/April 2015.

I've got Lombard ranked higher than either of them right now, and I think he's a better fighter, so while I've been pushing for him to get the next title shot, it occurred to me that he's only been a WW for two fights; as opposed to their respective careers at WW; he can win another bout before he gets a title shot. The "if" is implied there.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

8. 03-19-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    So lets have lombard/woodley, Rory/Diaz, Tarec/kim in any mix up of matches to determine number 1 (doesn't have to be specifically matched up like that)

Maybe make this all on one card possibly in the summer.
    I like the idea of getting them all on one card. When the dust settles, one of the three winner will get the shot the other two winners can face eachother for the shot after that.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Honestly, I don't see the UFC every crossing the 750k PPV buy rate without GSP (much less a million) with any one current champion. The UFC would have to stack cards up with 2 title fights like they did in UFC 168, to get big PPV numbers.
    New stars will emerge. At one time Hughes, Randy and Chuck were by far the biggest fighters. There is a lot of really exiting fighters right now that have as much potential to be stars as any previous champion. Both Pettis and Melendez are a promoters wet dream with how they fight. I think Nick could be a big draw if he gets his shit together and goes on a streak. Jones was conistently doing 500k buys. If he learned how to hype a fight properly he could break 750k.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

How long is one typically out for a torn bicep?

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    How long is one typically out for a torn bicep?
    Comeback Strategy

For a complete tear in which surgery is needed, return to full sports participation may take 4-6 months. Supervised physical therapy is typically advised.
    Partial tears usually heal within 3-6 weeks.
    Resume regular training only when you have normal shoulder and upper arm strength, full range of motion, and no pain.
    http://www.coreperformance.com/knowl...rn-biceps.html

So if he needs surgery he could be out for six months after his surgery before he could start training camp, but these numbers don't take into account the killer HGH that is available for pro athletes.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information