+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New drug test is up to 1000x more sensitive

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Oh really? I was unaware of that. Still, GSP obviously passed his next drug test so why would he take time off to cycle off? If he was doing anything he would have been caught after his last fight. Unless he had some inside information that this testing was to be implemented. Then that would make perfect sense.
    I posted the link above where Johny explains the whole WADA vs VADA.

WADA would have held GSPs urine for up to twelve years just in case new stricter testing ever were created. They would require both fighters schedules for random testing. From what I remember WADA is also what they use in the olympics. For someone who wants to clean up the sport, he should have taken the hardest test out there to set an example.

Quote Originally Posted by rahdeezy View Post
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for this.
    That was actually a joke.

Certainly he could be juicing, but I actually doubt it. I certainly don't know.

I doubt this is true, he was so adament about the VADA testing and to me he quite frankly doesn't have the look.
    Please. Enough with the "he's got that look" bullshit. While I doubt Georges is juicing, I think anyone who thinks they can tell if someone is juicing or not is an idiot. Certainly, some people who don't use intelligently get visible side effects. I can't imagine someone of GSP's caliber buying his shit from some dood at the local World Gym or using it to such a level that gynocomatia develops. This is a guy who hired a team to break down Penn's thoracic cavity...if he was going to juice, you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at him.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

Please. Enough with the "he's got that look" bullshit. While I doubt Georges is juicing, I think anyone who thinks they can tell if someone is juicing or not is an idiot. Certainly, some people who don't use intelligently get visible side effects. I can't imagine someone of GSP's caliber buying his shit from some dood at the local World Gym or using it to such a level that gynocomatia develops. This is a guy who hired a team to break down Penn's thoracic cavity...if he was going to juice, you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at him.

rh
    I figured it was a joke, but I just jumped on it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

rh
    I wasn't saying that he doesn't do steroids because he doesn't have the look, just pointing out that from a physial stand point I don't think he gives off any indications of juicing.

Josh Barnett. There goes the whole "look" test.
    Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

Quote Originally Posted by rahdeezy View Post
    because it's not the toughest test out there and it is unofficial. Regardless of what would have happened with the VADA testing, the results would have had no bearing on his fight with Johny at all. Johny wanted the toughest test, which is WADA, but GSP didn't want that.
    It's the same testing dude lol

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    It's the same testing dude lol
    Enlighten me.

WADA is a type of test, not a testing agent. VADA is a testing agent that employs WADA methodology.

In essence, Johny was saying he doesn't want a Kleenex, he wants a facial tissue.

The issue for me is that Georges oversold the whole thing. He'd established a financial relationship with VADA, which immediately becomes dubious. For a guy who gets paid several million dollars per fight, [above and beyond "'is passeeve income" ] he made a crap choice. He should have paid for the testing like anyone else, and downplayed any relationship he may have had. Hendricks woudn't have had a leg to stand on.

For that matter, if I were Georges, I'd do the most accurate testing available from 3 different labs on a weekly basis through camp and leading up to the fight. The cost isn't going to kill him, and the credibility he'd gain--effectively silencing any nagging critics--would be worth it. He'd also set the bar for anyone moving forward.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by mulefloyd View Post
    Josh Barnett. There goes the whole "look" test.
    You guys are misinterpretting what I was trying to say. It is not like Overeem or Vitor where from a physical stand up he looks to be on them. There is nothing about GSP that to me says ohhh test him now he's definitely a juicer.

You guys are misinterpretting what I was trying to say. It is not like Overeem or Vitor where from a physical stand up he looks to be on them. There is nothing about GSP that to me says ohhh test him now he's definitely a juicer.
    I get what you're saying. From looks alone, some people look like they're juicing and others don't; although, it's not a definitive statement proclaiming accuracy or certainty. Belfort, Overeem, the Roc Don Murraco, Scott Steiner, Mark McGuire, just about any bodybuilder, have an appearance where it would not be surprising if you found out they were on the juice. Then there's guys like Josh Barnett, Roger Clemens, (lots of MLB pitchers have been accused of juicing but give off no apperance), or Chris Leben who wouldn't necessarily be expected by look.

Nothing certain about look, just a possibility or conversation piece. And let's face it, when you're talking about guys at your local gym, they're whole point in roiding is mainly to look big, shredded, ripped - they don't play sports where endurance or purely strength is the goal. So sometimes there can be a relationship between roids and looks as for some that's the goal of taking them. For a sports player who has to undergo testing, that can actually be an unwanted side-effect due to the accusations that come with those veins and gains.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information