+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mousasi vs. Munoz to main event UFC in Berlin, Germany

Default Mousasi vs. Munoz to main event UFC in Berlin, Germany

Mousasi vs. Munoz to main event UFC in Berlin, Germany

Although both middleweights are coming off loses, Gegard Mousasi and Mark Munoz will main event the UFC's return to Germany this Spring.

Iranian-born Dutchman Gegard Mousasi (34-4-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) will meet American Mark Munoz (13-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC) in a middleweight bout at UFC Fight Night 41. UFC officials announced the headliner on Thursday.

UFC Fight Night 41 takes place May 31 at O2 World Berlin in Germany. The card will stream on UFC Fight Pass in the United States. Later that day, the UFC is set to put on an event in Brazil expected to be headlined by Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen, part of two international shows on the same day.

I think Gegard needs to win this to stay in the UFC. I know he's only 1-1, but I have a suspicion he has a price tag that the UFC wouldn't mind no longer having to pay.

I sure hope he wins in impressive fashion.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I think Munoz takes this

Mousasi's only MW challenge in the UFC since the drop back down came against an utter ace in Machida and that was coming off a yearlong layoff plus the weight cut. I'm fully expecting Mousasi to look better and better as he puts in consistent training camps and can stay remotely healthy. I like Munoz a lot, but Mousasi's got tools for days and far superior overall technique. If he's healthy, I don't see Munoz getting too much out of this...

Mousasi's TDD will decide this fight. If he fights like he did against King Mo(last time he faced a wrestler) he has no chance.

Good to see Mousasi is going to fight a little more frequently moving forward maybe. This will be a good test of where he fits in at MW

When I think of bad TDD amongst elite fighters, I think of 3 people usually: Shogun, Condit and Mousasi.

Something I forgot to mention though. Munoz takedowns are severely overrated. For a former division 1 wrestling champion, he does not take many people down at all.

War Munoz

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I think Moose will have adjusted to the weight and the time off by now. Munoz will get KTFO. I still believe Moose is a legitimate contender.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information