Anderson Silva says 2014 comeback is 'over,' eyes UFC return in second half of 2015
Even though the recovery process is going well, we won't be seeing "The Spider" return any time soon.

At least not for the rest of the year.

After breaking his leg in his UFC 168 rematch against Chris Weidman last December, observers thought Silva's career was done for good. The Brazilian spoke exclusively to Combate (via MMA Fighting) and shot down rumors that he would be fighting at UFC 181, or any other event in 2014.

Instead, Silva would consider returning to the Octagon in 2015.

"These rumors that I'll fight at UFC 181 or any other event around that date aren't true. This year is over for me. There's a chance I'll fight in the first half of 2015."

Silva still has plenty of fights left on his contract, after re-upping with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) awhile back for another 10 fights. He remains optimistic about fulfilling his lengthily contract.

"I don't see myself stopping (right now), but I don't know if I will fulfill my 10-fight contract. My family has been asking me for years to stop fighting, and they need to understand that this is what I love to do and that I need to have my time. My goal in the sport was to become a reference in this sport, and I'm achieving this."

After UFC 162 last July, Silva lost the strap to Weidman, and proclaimed directly after the fight that he wouldn't fight for the belt anymore. After he was more or less forced to change his stance, it seems like the Brazilian is shooting down the option once again, uninterested in another middleweight championship bout.

"Anderson's phase as the champion is over. Fighting for (the title) is a little far away from me."