I'd love to see figures on the return on investment, when you look at promotional outlay for Aldo or Barao [and their salaries] and compare that to rousey's numbers. That's what would actually be telling. Just randomly comparing the two outcomes doesn't mean anything at all, really.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
Also no way she is "the biggest draw in history". GSP could fight a sack of potatoes and it would sell 500k buys. When Brock was champ, he could've fought literally anybody or anything and sell 750k buys. He was by far the biggest draw in the history of the sport.
Brock was never the draw Georges was. That's been done to death already.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
"What we do know is that UFC President Dana White wasn't exaggerating when he said Rousey was a star."

That's a direct quote from the article Cat posted.

No, I dont think everyone knows he was full of shit. I think there are a lot of people who believe the nonsense that comes out of his mouth.
There are a lot of "journalists" who have a vested interest in keeping UFC credentials, and that outweighs their sense of literary ethics and accuracy. It's been proven that dana likes it when people repeat the nonsense he spits.

One has to hope that they don't believe it, but are simply using it as a means to an end.

But we never really know, I guess.

rh