Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Franklin declines UFC fight against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira to focus on juice busine

Default Franklin declines UFC fight against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira to focus on juice busine

Franklin declines UFC fight against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira to focus on juice business
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/3/20/55...e-business-mma
    "Ace" has reportedly turned down a light heavyweight fight against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, according to Ariel Helwani, which would have been a part of the UFC Fight Night 40 event inside US Bank Arena on May 10, 2014, in Franklin's backyard of Cincinnati, Ohio.

The event is now headlined by Matt Brown vs. Erick Silva (more on that here).

Franklin (29-7) was originally set to do battle against "Lil' Nog" at the UFC 133 event in late 2011; however, Nogueira injured himself in training (shocking, I know) and was forced to withdraw. The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 2 coach moved on to squeak past Wanderlei Silva in their UFC 147 rematch the following February.

Then came a stone-cold knockout against Cung Le overseas and "Ace" has remained in place.

While he's expected to compete one final time before hanging up the gloves for good (his words), he's been pre-occupied with his new business venture, Ze/Lin organic juice bar, which recently opened in Los Angeles, California (reviews).

Smart move because we all know by now any fight with Lil Nog pretty much gets canceled due to some injury. I'm sure there is a better match up for him out there to retire on

He's never ducked or hid from any fight at any weight. If he wants to be more choosing of his final fight, so be it.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    He's never ducked or hid from any fight at any weight. If he wants to be more choosing of his final fight, so be it.
    I agree.

I think Franklin wants a little more fan friendly fight for his retirement fight too, Lil Nog is far from a fan favorite.

As well, strange fight to offer Lil Nog, what would it do for him rankings wise? Nothing.

What would it do for Franklin, rankings wise? End off is career top ten LHW? Maybe he should take the fight.

Someone will probably misread the title and not read the article and write a post ripping Franklin for juicing.

On a serious note, I'm glad to hear Franklin has another fight in him. I kinda thought he retired and I missed it. At this point he should take whatever fight he wants. He's earned it.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Good. I'd rather see Rich fight someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    Good. I'd rather see Rich fight someone else.
    Who tho? if he can't beat Nog next step retire....

Because it's Rich, I'd rather see his last fight as a spectacle. Plus signing to fight Lil Nog is not smart for anyone.

I would like to see Rich Franklin vs. Chael Sonnen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    I would like to see Rich Franklin vs. Chael Sonnen.
    I was thinking the same thing. Then I thought about Rich getting taken down and big brother punched for 3 to 5 rounds in his last fight and it pissed me off.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Thread Information