+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hendricks pays 50% of earnings to management

What a insanely risky business.

Wasn't Askren under a similar deal at one point? Could've sworn he was brought into MMA with Team Takedown...

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Wasn't Askren under a similar deal at one point? Could've sworn he was brought into MMA with Team Takedown...
    I think he was in talks with them when transitioning from wrestling to MMA but I don't think he was brought into MMA by Team Takedown. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    So what's the over/under on how long it takes Johny to try to get out from this contract?

If he's still champion by this time next year [and my over/under on that is way under] I bet he wants to be done with them.

rh
    Probably gonna get some down low money from Dana, much like the down low man love Dana gives while swinging from his sack.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

This is pretty interesting. I think it is great that they offer fighters financial security. It's a big risk for both parties to sign off on this type of deal, I'd love to hear what other fighters think of it.

When they showed Johnny leaving his house in the promotional video it looked like a nice home in a good neighborhood.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Lemon View Post
    He did, but that has nothing to do with how he pays his managers.
    sure it does, now hes making championship money. Everything changes when someone is taking 50% of championship money. Like riv said - by this time next year if hes still champion id bet hes under new management

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

If he's champ next year, they should definitely revisit that contract. Big If, but then again he may have other things going for him outside of fighting. Who knows? Or maybe he's content with what he makes? It's hard for fighters to get to his position on their own. for an up in coming fighter it's a good deal. But now it may be time to "pay the piper".
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

9. Default

They take 50% of the profits thats better than taking there cut and still charging him expenses. It will be better for Johnny to keep his head out of the money end or he'll end up losing the mental aspects of the game. I wonder how much if any is this contract compared to Soares and Andersons was.
    As long as the 50% doesn't get into sponsership money it's really not that bad of a deal Johnny had a life getting here much better than most I would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    They take 50% of the profits thats better than taking there cut and still charging him expenses. It will be better for Johnny to keep his head out of the money end or he'll end up losing the mental aspects of the game. I wonder how much if any is this contract compared to Soares and Andersons was.
    As long as the 50% doesn't get into sponsership money it's really not that bad of a deal Johnny had a life getting here much better than most I would assume.
    I agree with that.

If Johny tries to renegotiate simply because he's champion, he's a punkass. Assuming his goal was always to be champion, this is a huge part of what got him there. Minimally, I'd expect him to honor the contract as champion for as long as they supported him when he was still working to achieve that goal--not that I anticipate Hendricks being champion for anything close to seven years.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

11. 03-28-2014, 02:45 PM

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information