Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melvin Guillard released from UFC

Default Melvin Guillard released from UFC

Melvin Guillard released from UFC
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/21...eased-from-ufc
    Melvin Guillard's almost nine-year UFC run has come to an end.

"The Young Assassin" was released from the UFC Thursday night, according to his manager Malki Kawa. The decision comes after the 30-year-old lost a unanimous decision to Michael Johnson at UFC Fight Night 38 in London earlier this month.
    Kawa said Guillard, who wasn't available for comment, is handling the news well and eager to move forward.

"We're working to get him signed somewhere else," he said. "I'm going to do what's best for Melvin."

Kawa wouldn't disclose any potential landing spots for Guillard at this time.

Wow! They cut a vet who has had a ton of exciting fights after losing only once? That's crazy i am very surprised.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I bet Melvin is signed by either Bellator or WSoF before the end of next week.

He's 2-5-1 NC in his last 8 fights. He hasn't put together a winning streak in 3 years, has never beaten a top 10 fighter. So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Not particularly surprised here, Melvin outright lost for fifteen minutes to Johnson and was just slinging and disengaging on his bike, he's reached his ceiling. IMO Guillard's gotten visibly slower and the constant changing of camps hasn't been a panacea for his failings nor has it merited much, if any, development in areas he's needed to improve upon.

Outside of the Pearson NC where he looked good, he's got 5 losses and only has wins over Camoes and Danzig in his past eight fights. For what he's making, it isn't worth it for them to put him on the Fight Pass prelims and his inconsistencies I think aren't worth it.....

I think he's in the Marcus Davis spot, he gets trumped by Chandler, Eddie and Gaethje.....

They made the right decision, hopefully he goes to wsof and they left the door open for him to return with a few wins. Melvin's burnt a lot of bridges over the last few years and its not had a good influence on his UFC tenure. I personally thought he won the fight against Ross fairly but I could see him getting gold in a lower org and just riding out his career there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I bet Melvin is signed by either Bellator or WSoF before the end of next week.
    I hope its WSOF. I feel like he can get back on track and be back in the UFC soon and that won't happen if he gets trapped in a bellator contract.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I never liked the guy at all actually. Something about him just rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe it was him wearing his sunglasses out to the cage. He just seemed douchy. Anyway now I can root against him in Bellator.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

He had some great finishes. Always exciting when he was winning the fight. So long.

The Aging Assassin

Thread Information