Melvin Guillard released from UFC
Melvin Guillard's almost nine-year UFC run has come to an end.
"The Young Assassin" was released from the UFC Thursday night, according to his manager Malki Kawa. The decision comes after the 30-year-old lost a unanimous decision to Michael Johnson at UFC Fight Night 38 in London earlier this month.Kawa said Guillard, who wasn't available for comment, is handling the news well and eager to move forward.
"We're working to get him signed somewhere else," he said. "I'm going to do what's best for Melvin."
Kawa wouldn't disclose any potential landing spots for Guillard at this time.