Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Horrendous late stoppage @ Bellator 113: Please fire this ref immediately! (Spoilers)

Ya, thought they should have stopped it. They guy wasn't moving at all just sitting there waiting to be hit. Good night of fights again.

Attila's early arm injury seemed to change the fight. That looked nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by GangGreenWarrior View Post
    And another horrible stoppage. If a guy gets knocked down and his head bounces off the mat and he doesn't even raise his arms, why the hell would the ref wait for one more shot before stopping it? Are Bellator refs coached to let guys eat needless shots after the fight is over?

Oh my god that was horrible. WTF. Fighters who hold submissions for too long after the ref steps in, or fighters who throw too many strikes after the ref steps in get fined and suspended (and fired). But not a damn thing will happen to this piece of shit ref.

Reffing like this will get a man killed on national television.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Disgusting.

If that happened here (NZ) that ref would be fucked up before he left that arena.

We got parents smashing rugby refs at school games over dumb shit.

I blame Herb Dean
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Herzog in the co-main gave Rickels a homer "benefit of the doubt" extra shot from Pitbull before stopping it. Hinds was really good and consistent though and I wouldn't mind seeing more reefing from him, although I don't know which commissions he's licensed for.

For some reason, I think back to Winslow just standing there like a buffoon while Mo looked up at her because he didn't want to needlessly beat Lorenz Larkin anymore and then got PO'd because she was just letting it go on.

The Cyborg/Finney Massacre and the oft-cited Curran/Warran brutality come to mind as the two "worst" outside of Japan, since Shimada has let guys get near-death MANY TIMES.
    Last edited by Fedorlei Gomipierre; 03-22-2014 at 01:39 PM.

I still think Weidman vs Munoz was pretty bad considering it started off with a brutal elbow and then it went on 6-7 strikes too long which is way too much when it's a big guy who hits hard like Weidman throwing them.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

That ref should get his ass kicked.

Geez these refs cant win. Early stoppage or late stoppage! On a side not that was pretty rough to watch

I mean, like, wake the fuck up commissions. This isn't a god damn joke. Start upping your standards and training.

Thread Information