Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Horrendous late stoppage @ Bellator 113: Please fire this ref immediately! (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by mmafan111 View Post
    Probably about 3 too many, to me it looked like he was trying to defend, wasn't totally limp with arms and legs moving about but I'm no referee, as a fighter what do you think is worse, early stoppage or late stoppage?
    Trying to defend while not conscious enough to use his arms so as not to land on his face?
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Quote Originally Posted by calpat1985 View Post
    Geez these refs cant win. Early stoppage or late stoppage! On a side not that was pretty rough to watch
    Meh, you'll never see me on here complaining about an early stoppage. I prefer to see the refs err on the side of caution even if it's the guy I'm rooting for that gets the short end of the stick. It's only a matter of time before somebody is seriously hurt.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Agreed.
    With pretty much everybody!

Seems to me the problem is when guys aren't LITERALLY on the floor not moving... ref's don't recognize that they are "out".
    As was pointed out by others... dude was out on his feet. Like Warren was in the Curran fight. Or even Maynard in his fight with Diaz. I HATE seeing guys get unnecessary beats.

Speaking of which... though NOWHERE near as bad... I still think Herzog letting Rickels take ONE more... when he was CLEARLY done... was a bit unnecessary. When a guy drops on his ass like that, just being conscious isn't enough to permit the fight to go on. He coulda stopped that and saved that punch. Just saying.

Does the guy have a history or is this a singular fuck up?Because it was damn sure a fuckup.

He is literally right above the guy watching his unconscious body getting pummeled. What a dipshit.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

That was a snuff film
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

From the time he hit the ground fast first, I counted 12 extra shots to the face, unblocked with 3 strikes missing the mark as he zombied his hands up.

Fuck that ref, force him to take training or never assign him to fights again. That's lawsuit worthy shit.

Wow... almost hard to watch :\

Yeah, he was out before he hit the ground. Not only should he be fired, he shouldn't be allowed to ever watch MMA again...from home on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by drake_411 View Post
    Wow... almost hard to watch :\
    but your sig is awesome to watch.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information