Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rampage Jackson: I don't give a f--k about UFC or its hall of fame

When he first showed up to the UFC I thought he was really going to dominate the LHW division, I even did a few howls in private as a tribute. But now, I can't believe what he has changed into, it really is shocking and depressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

2. Default

I see Page as a fighter that when he didn't know and listened to his manager did great. Than hype and people got in his head he thought he was unstoppable and still believed it when he was losing. Than the movies now he thinks he's a writer for shows or movies. Realality will never sink in even after it's to late.

At one time i was a huge rampage fan, what we have now isnt the same person that was fighting in Pride. To my mind his great success as a young fighter has basically "spoiled" the guy, when he starting losing fights it wasnt any longer his fault, it was the UFC/Illuminati conspiring to shut him down. or maybe it was cocaine, for some reason that makes sense to me.

Well now he definitely won't be in it just because he said that. It is the biggest joke of a hall of fame the fact that Frank Shamrock isn't in it is quite ridiculous and what the fuck kind of hall of fame only covers one league and not the entire sport? An MMA hall of fame without Fedor and Sakuraba is meaningless in my eyes.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I can't blame the UFC for not including non-UFC fighters, though that certainly diminishes it. It's also diminished by how young the sport is; it will take more time to build out than the UFC is willing to wait. But the refusal to include people like Frank Shamrock is what transitions it from diminished status to total joke in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I can't blame the UFC for not including non-UFC fighters, though that certainly diminishes it. It's also diminished by how young the sport is; it will take more time to build out than the UFC is willing to wait. But the refusal to include people like Frank Shamrock is what transitions it from diminished status to total joke in my view.
    I'm not necessarily blaming them but to me it makes me not care about or respect it as a true hall of fame. Frank Shamrock was in the UFC though. Sakuraba was HW tournament champion in the UFC but majority of his career was not in the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    It is a UFC hall of fame not a MMA hall of fame. It's based on what fighters have done for a particular organization not the entire sport. Why would they include fighters outside the UFC?
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Well now he definitely won't be in it just because he said that. It is the biggest joke of a hall of fame the fact that Frank Shamrock isn't in it is quite ridiculous and what the fuck kind of hall of fame only covers one league and not the entire sport? An MMA hall of fame without Fedor and Sakuraba is meaningless in my eyes.
    The basketball hall of fame does the same. They only have past nba players in their hall of fame. Basketball is a global sport and none of the european basketball players that only played euro ball arent in it. Same as the pro football hall of fame but football isnt really a global sport but there is the canadian league

Scratch that the basketball hall of fame has several different inductees that haven't been apart of the nba
    Last edited by killakem1; 03-23-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by killakem1 View Post
    The basketball hall of fame does the same. They only have past nba players in their hall of fame. Basketball is a global sport and none of the european basketball players that only played euro ball arent in it. Same as the pro football hall of fame but football isnt really a global sport but there is the canadian league

Scratch that the basketball hall of fame has several different inductees that haven't been apart of the nba
    I was going to say about basketball, with football it is different. Football all of the best players of all time all played here. If a hall of fame caliber was playing in Canada he would go to the NFL immediately. I cannot think of anyone that should be in the hall of fame for football and isn't only because he didn't play for the NFL.

With MMA it is not the case where as not too long ago the best fighters in the world were not in only one organization.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I was going to say about basketball, with football it is different. Football all of the best players of all time all played here. If a hall of fame caliber was playing in Canada he would go to the NFL immediately. I cannot think of anyone that should be in the hall of fame for football and isn't only because he didn't play for the NFL.

With MMA it is not the case where as not too long ago the best fighters in the world were not in only one organization.
    There are players in the Football that spent a big part of their career in Canada because they could not make the NFL right away. Warren Moon would be the most notable player.

The closest player that would be worthy of being in the HOF and not playing in the NFL would be Anthony Calvillo. He does hold the record for most passing yards in professional football.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information