Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC broadcaster Jon Anik: Lyoto Machida still wants Jon Jones rematch

Default UFC broadcaster Jon Anik: Lyoto Machida still wants Jon Jones rematch

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/03/ufc-bro...jones-rematch/

“I had a pretty revealing conversation with Lyoto in Los Angeles yesterday,” Anik said earlier this week. “It really seems like he wants to fight Jon Jones again. I mean, not that he’s thinking about a return to 205 (pounds); he loves being at 185. But he just kept coming back to the superfight and the megafight, and it seems like he wants to fight Jonny ‘Bones’ again.”

The two met at UFC 140 in what was Jones’ second title defense and Machida’s first attempt at regaining the belt after ceding it to Mauricio “Shogun” Rua at UFC 113. Machida won the bout’s first round. But in the second, Jones caught him in a standing guillotine choke and squeezed until he dropped lifelessly to the mat.

In his next fight, Machida rebounded in a big way, knocking out Ryan Bader at UFC on FOX 4 to earn a rematch with Jones. But when he turned down a short-notice opportunity at UFC 152, he fell out of favor as the UFC’s No. 1 contender, and Jones brushed off a second bout.

Machida squeaked by ex-champ Dan Henderson at UFC 157, but when he fell short against Phil Davis at UFC 163 via controversial decision, his diminishing title prospects prompted him to move to middleweight. There, he made an instant impression with a first-round knockout of Mark Munoz.

Machida subsequently outpointed Gegard Mousasi in this past month’s UFC Fight Night 36 headliner, and when No. 1 middleweight contender Vitor Belfort was scratched from a title shot against champ Chris Weidman at UFC 173, he eagerly accepted.

Machida is truly more skilled than Jones In my opinion. If Machida had Jones legnth and power he easily Destroys Jones. Sadly he does not !

I'd like to watch a rematch. Machida was frustrating Jones on the feet. If he can defend all Jones tds, he wins pretty easily imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I'd like to watch a rematch. Machida was frustrating Jones on the feet. If he can defend all Jones tds, he wins pretty easily imo.
    He was only frustrating him in the first round. He got off a couple flurry on Jones but never rocked him. The second round Jones took over the striking.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Ya, Machida did a great job in the last fight pretending to go asleep, would have KO'ed Jones when his guard was down, stupid ref just blew the call.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post

Quote Originally Posted by calpat1985 View Post
    Machida is truly more skilled than Jones In my opinion. If Machida had Jones legnth and power he easily Destroys Jones. Sadly he does not !
    EDIT: just read this now, so i will address it;

Striking: Jones > Machida
    Wrestling: Jones > Machida
    BJJ: Jones > Machida
    Clinch: Jones > Machida

So how is machida "truly more skilled" than Jones?

Last edited by BonesKnows; 03-24-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Im sure Jones will jump at the fight, he loves fighting MWs.

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 03-24-2014 at 10:09 AM.

^^ for real though anyone that thinks hendo is coming for Jones is off their fucking rocker.

^ Yup, Hendo should retire with that win as without TRT, I cant see him winning too many more top contender fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Im sure Jones will jump at the fight, he loves fighting MWs.

HAHA that's a pretty funny response by Jones actually.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information