+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC broadcaster Jon Anik: Lyoto Machida still wants Jon Jones rematch

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Machida is swinging at air here. I also think Sean Sherk has good striking, but when his arms are too short to reach his opponent, advantage in striking skills is a moot point.
    Swinging at air when Jones was literally running away with his arm extended out. The guy is not p4p nothing. Only p4p he could be is for size advantages and dirty shots but those don't exist.

Jones crying for Gus to fight Cormier shows he doesn't ever wanna face someone his height again. I mean he even got outwrestled by Gus for the most part lol.

I never claimed that Jones was P4P. (I think P4P is pretty stupid.) If he had a 71 inch reach like Henderson (just goolged Henderson, that is what wiki said), I doubt Jones would even be in the UFC at all, let alone in the top 10 in the LHW division, but could be wrong.

But who cares, his reach is 84+ inches. These fantasy games of who would win if so and so had certain physical characteristics don't matter in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Swinging at air when Jones was literally running away with his arm extended out. The guy is not p4p nothing. Only p4p he could be is for size advantages and dirty shots but those don't exist.

Jones crying for Gus to fight Cormier shows he doesn't ever wanna face someone his height again. I mean he even got outwrestled by Gus for the most part lol.

Was that a direct quote from Machida when he regained consciousness?

Swinging at air when Jones was literally running away with his arm extended out.

Well the bolded part is true.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. Thatís right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    To claim Machida only caught Jones with only one combo is bullshit.
    I was referring to the one gif posted and then people jump to the conclusion he is a better striker. Counter striking is included in striking right? So the fact that Jones uses his reach to keep machida at bay for 90% of the fight just adds to to fact.

Jon had to hold his arm all the way out to 'big brother' Machida in an attempt to neutralize Machida's striking (r1). Reach was a great part of that neutralization and Jones game plan against Machida.
    You say hold his arm out, i say measuring distance to counter strike. To each their own i guess.

Machida out struck Jones in volume and accuracy in their fight.
    No he didnt.

FIGHTS TOTALS
    Jones 24 of 53 45%(significant strikes) 26 of 55 (total strikes) 1 of 2 50% 1 0 0

Machida 13 of 38 34%(significant strikes) 13 of 38 (total strikes) 0 of 1 0% 0 0 0

Jones lands 47% machida only 34%

Jones did not take control of the fight until past midway though the second round when he landed the take down and cut Machida open with his elbows.
    And landed a nasty counter left that drops Machida and then proceeds to choke him unconscious. Once again, i can see how machida's striking is better than Jones'.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Well the bolded part is true.
    The bolded part is a double negative which makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    so machida lands 1 good comination and he is somehow the better striker. Thats laughable.

i guess you guys frogot about this;

It's laughable that you used a gif of a submission when you are trying to prove that he is a better striker.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    It's laughable that you used a gif of a submission when you are trying to prove that he is a better striker.
    Did you not see the first part of the GIF, specifically the part where Jones times Machida's attack, catches him coming in and rocks him for the second time in the round, this time dropping him.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. Thatís right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    The bolded part is a double negative which makes no sense.
    That's the point. Regardless of what the Jones haters want to be believe Jones has skills and abilities that lend them selves to P4P arguments. He is more than reach. But, the haters can keep believing that if his reach was shorter he would have the same career trajectory as Cyrille Diabatte.
    Last edited by kalebarker; 03-25-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Did you not see the first part of the GIF, specifically the part where Jones times Machida's attack, catches him coming in and rocks him for the second time in the round, this time dropping him.

^ This

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information