Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC broadcaster Jon Anik: Lyoto Machida still wants Jon Jones rematch

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Did you not see the first part of the GIF, specifically the part where Jones times Machida's attack, catches him coming in and rocks him for the second time in the round, this time dropping him.
    He didn't rock him he fell. I don't even think he threw a punch.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Watch it again. Jones blocks Machida punch with his right arm and hit's him with a left.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. Thatís right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Did you not see the first part of the GIF, specifically the part where Jones times Machida's attack, catches him coming in and rocks him for the second time in the round, this time dropping him.
    Yea when he dropped Machida was after Machida had already got hit with that big elbow. Which you could clearly see he wasn't the same after that elbow.

Its not fantasy, its fact with the size thing. Gus proved that, that's why Jones doesn't even want the rematch. His "Godly wrestling" was exposed by Gus as well. At HW Jones probably won't even crack top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Yea when he dropped Machida was after Machida had already got hit with that big elbow. Which you could clearly see he wasn't the same after that elbow.

Its not fantasy, its fact with the size thing. Gus proved that, that's why Jones doesn't even want the rematch. His "Godly wrestling" was exposed by Gus as well. At HW Jones probably won't even crack top 10.
    What you mean is he wasn't the same after the strike that rocked him and allowed Jones to take him down and land ground and pound. Gustaffson isn't even the biggest fighter Jones has faced, Bader is. His wrestling isn't godly it but it's good enough that was able to out wrestle every single opponent up until the Jones and he faced some very good wrestlers. If you don't think Jones has great wrestling you are fooling yourself.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. Thatís right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

What you mean is he wasn't the same after the strike that rocked him and allowed Jones to take him down and land ground and pound. Gustaffson isn't even the biggest fighter Jones has faced, Bader is. His wrestling isn't godly it but it's good enough that was able to out wrestle every single opponent up until the Jones and he faced some very good wrestlers. If you don't think Jones has great wrestling you are fooling yourself.
    Chamber is a Jones hater. He gives zero credit to jones and says hes only good because of a huge reach - size advantage. Much like the rest of the people on these boards.

As for Machida not being the same after the elbow - most fighters arent the same when they see their own blood. Jones says something about in his TUF season with chael when hes coaching his team, something like elbows cut people and you learn who the real fighter is when they see their own blood because people dont train to fight while bleeding etc etc.

If im not mistaken didnt the ref call time when the cut happened and had it looked at by the doctor? Isnt that more than enough time to recover from a big elbow? Or was it more the blood that was affecting Machida?
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 03-25-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Chamber is a Jones hater. He gives zero credit to jones and says hes only good because of a huge reach - size advantage. Much like the rest of the people on these boards.
    Yea I realize that. The hate for Jones is ridiculous. I get that people hate him, but to completely discredit one of the successful fighters in MMA history is pretty sad.

Haters gona hate. Goose has dominated every fighter hes faced except for Jones and Davis, so he is an amazing tallent in his own right. Jones struggled against him because Goose is a great fighter, not because his size was comparable. Did you forget that Goose trains with Phill Davis and has done so since the Goose v. Davis fight? Goose is a monster, Jones is a monster, accept it.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Haters gona hate. Goose has dominated every fighter hes faced except for Jones and Davis, so he is an amazing tallent in his own right. Jones struggled against him because Goose is a great fighter, not because his size was comparable. Did you forget that Goose trains with Phill Davis and has done so since the Goose v. Davis fight? Goose is a monster, Jones is a monster, accept it.
    What i dont get is that people are so quick to write off Jones success because of size advantage and reach - yet Goose (who has virtually the same size and reach advantage over the LHW division minus Jones) isnt subject to the same criticism? Makes sense i guess?

Thread Information