Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva Willing to Fight Llyoto Machida and Ronaldo Souza

Default Anderson Silva Willing to Fight Llyoto Machida and Ronaldo Souza

http://guardianlv.com/2014/03/anders...on-ufc-return/
    Upon Anderson Silva’s return, nobody is safe; not even his own countrymen. Not long ago the former pound for pound champion said he would rather give up his championship belt, then fight someone like Llyoto Machida or Ronaldo Souza. Gone are the days the former UFC champion was defied by honor and dignity towards his own Brazilians. Now the mindset has changed to, “If you are going to mention my name as a potential fight, I have no other choice.” The hit list is growing for ‘The Spider’, and upon his return in 2015, many get the feeling there will be a ‘no holds barred’ approach making his return to the octagon. Why wait until 2015 you may ask? Just days before Anderson Silva stated he would not be able to make a UFC return by the end of this year, which is somewhat disappointing by the progress he has made since the brutal injury; but rest assured, there is a plan in place for the former champion to grace the cage with his presence in the future.
    Interesting since just not long ago he wasn't willing to fight either, Anderson has been changing his mind a lot!
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Would lov to see them match ups.

I just hope that when he comes back he's still able to perform the way that he used to and maybe, just maybe, see the Spider get the belt back.

The machida match up interests me a lot. Would like to see who would take less damage. I see silva being the aggressor and machida evading what silva throws at him. Regardless where machida is at (hopefully the champ) I want this fight to happen. Glad he's just saying eff it and wants to fight. Silva lost me as a fan with the "picking" opponents, but with this new mind set he's slowly gaining me back.

A Silva bus Machida fight would be horridly boring. Both are counter strikers who will wait forever to make the first move.

Silva vs Jacare; see The Spider's fights against Maia & Thales L. Or Magales match vs Phil Davis.

No, Jacare is very different from Leites and Maia. Jacare has way better striking than both of them.
    I actually see Anderson losing against both Machida and Souza.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    No, Jacare is very different from Leites and Maia. Jacare has way better striking than both of them.
    I actually see Anderson losing against both Machida and Souza.
    Then put your glasses on.

Of course he's willing to fight them now. He doesn't have to worry about losing his title anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

9. Default

I see this as nothing more than Soares saying this to keep Andersons name revalent in the media. Until he comes back his mind will change or it will be nothing more than a sparing match with no kicks to the leg. This may be a safe fight his family wants him to take/ staged

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    I see this as nothing more than Soares saying this to keep Andersons name revalent in the media. Until he comes back his mind will change or it will be nothing more than a sparing match with no kicks to the leg. This may be a safe fight his family wants him to take/ staged
    While I don;t see it being a staged match I do agree this is just Silva/Soares talking to stay relevant I really don;t see Anderson wanting any part of Machida at all.

Thread Information