Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Chope discharged from Air Force in 2011 for assaulting wife and threatening her

Hybrid View

Default Will Chope discharged from Air Force in 2011 for assaulting wife and threatening her

Will Chope discharged from Air Force in 2011 for assaulting wife and threatening her with knife
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/3/22/55...wife-knife-mma
    Chope is a former Airman in the United States Air Force. "Former" is the qualifier as he was relieved of duty in 2011 on a bad-conduct discharge while serving on the Anderson Air Force Base in Guam with his ex-wife and infant daughter.

According to a report obtained by Bleacher Report, Chope and his wife had a "tumultuous" marriage that caused her to be unfaithful. When he found out, he physically assaulted her on numerous occasions.

In response, the appellant's commander imposed nonjudicial punishment on the appellant in July 2009 and again in November 2009 after the appellant assaulted AW on 12 October 2009. The following day, the appellant's first sergeant, Master Sergeant (MSgt) BT gave the appellant a no-contact order which stated that the appellant was "to have no contact with [AW] directly or indirectly, orally or in writing," unless he had permission from a supervisor. On 12 November 2009, MSgt BT gave the appellant permission to speak to AW only by phone "in order to facilitate some financial issues" involving their daughter.

During that phone call, Chope and his wife got into an argument about a shared credit card. He asked his wife to pick him up so that he could see his daughter, which she agreed to do. At that time, Chope continued the argument regarding the credit card.

The report states that Chope threatened to hurt her if she did not give him the credit card. When she refused, he stated he had nothing to lose and was returning to Florida. It's then that the story takes an extremely cruel and violent turn.

He then went to the kitchen, retrieved a paring knife, and threatened AW with it. He grabbed her, slammed her head onto the floor, and hit her on top of her head with both the knife handle and his hand. When AW screamed for help, the appellant took her onto the ground, and used a "pillow or blanket" to silence her screams.

Chope attempted to appeal the court's decision, stating that he and his wife were divorced and he wouldn't be acting out in the future; however, the court didn't find his sentence to be inappropriately severe.

Maybe the UFC should set up its first knife fight, Brandao vs Chope.

Off topic, but what is Chope's natural weigh?
    He is very tall, and at the weigh ins he looked absolutely anorexic.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

They cancelled this fight earlier this morning. On one hand he deserves it for the things he did to his ex wife, but it was 5 years ago. The guy paid his price and is moving forward. At what point do we call enough is enough with punishing people ?

Quote Originally Posted by helipoison View Post
    They cancelled this fight earlier this morning. On one hand he deserves it for the things he did to his ex wife, but it was 5 years ago. The guy paid his price and is moving forward. At what point do we call enough is enough with punishing people ?
    He with held the informtation from them though. However canceling the fight the morning of is kind of ridiculous. I also read that he had just turned 18 when this happened. Kind of sucks he is paying for it still now but on the other hand murderers have to pay the rest of their lives. However like I said earlier, with holding this information from your employer is enough to get you fired.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 03-23-2014 at 02:19 PM.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Did anuone read the story? It says that he hit her on the head with the end of a paring knife..........Maybe I am mistaken, but arent paring knives really small? Weird
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Did anuone read the story? It says that he hit her on the head with the end of a paring knife..........Maybe I am mistaken, but arent paring knives really small? Weird
    Yes paring knives are usually pretty small but I dont think that changes anything.

He then went to the kitchen, retrieved a paring knife, and threatened AW with it. He grabbed her, slammed her head onto the floor, and hit her on top of her head with both the knife handle and his hand. When AW screamed for help, the appellant took her onto the ground, and used a "pillow or blanket" to silence her screams.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Yes paring knives are usually pretty small but I dont think that changes anything.
    I'm not saying it does, it's simply a bazaar way to assault someone "I'm mad, so I'm gona hold you down and thump you on the head with a paring knife handle"
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

"Poor" Brandao, all that training for nothing.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    "Poor" Brandao, all that training for nothing.
    well I'd assume he gets his pay check as well as a win bonus.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information