Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Hendo Retire on Top?

Default Should Hendo Retire on Top?

His come from behind win on Sunday did show that Hendo may have slowed down. And he was never a "fast" fighter to begin with. But his striking IQ still makes him dangerous, one of the best short right hooks I'd ever seen off of a break or scramble. That being said, he will not be able to use TRT for future fights. Is it wise for him to continue if he's not going to be able to be 100 percent healthy when he trains and fights? I know many think that his levels are "normal" for someone his age without the TRT, and if they are too low for some reason then that's just "too bad". So should he risk his legacy and fight without his treatment? I think he'll continue, but I'd like to see him be honest with himself if he notices that training isn't going well, and walk away.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Time for Hendo to hang up the gloves. Go out with a win.

I love Hendo but after watching Shogun drop him twice last night I fear that his chin just isnt the same after the Vitor fight. He isnt getting any younger and I dont want to watch him go out like Chuck did. TRT or not, I dont think it will matter at this point.I would still love to see him get a shot at Jones but it probably wouldnt go well for Dan anyway.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

No, he just signed a 6 fight contract. I would maybe like to see him hang up the gloves but there isn't a chance he will, nor the UFC will let him. The UFC will throw him in next with a top dog and he will be put right into Title contention again and a guy like Cormier would smash him, but Manuwa, Phil Davis, and Chael are also options moving forward where I think he has a decent chance of winning. Guys like Cormier, Jones, Gus and Glover and Evans are a bit to much at this point in Henderson's career. Any one he fights he has a chance against, on any day if he lands a Bomb.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Both guys looked a bit slow last night. If the ref had stopped it after the first time Hendo was rocked, we would all be saying that Shogun is soon in line for a title shot. I know Shogun is only 32, but I think he should also hang them up, too much damage and too many injuries.

I know it won't happen but hendo just called out Machida and wants to replace Weidman

No.

Dan will always be an American badass no matter what. He should go down the way he wants to and guns blazing.

'Merica.

He doesn't seem to want to retire but its not a bad idea. We'll see how he feels after he gets off the TRT.

I think Hendo beats Glover, just throwing that out there.
    USA! USA! USA!

Hendo should do whatever hendo wants. I agree that he has faded, and the game has evolved past him... But he has earned the right to decide when and how he goes out... That said I prefer to watch his pride fight and his highlight reel... Watching him get wrecked by Vitor hurt my soul. He's one of my favorites, and I never want to see him lose ... But he's a big boy and I think he'd like to fight until about five minutes after he's lowered into a grave.

Thread Information