+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Hendo Retire on Top?

I don't want to see him go. I say if he can still compete and he loves to do it, let him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

There aren't very many fighters left like Dan Henderson. With the rise of younger fighters being an inevitable occurrence, it's remarkable that he's been in this profession for so long. Seventeen years in a sport where the name of the game is to assault your opponent until he or she is unable to continue or gives up is astounding to me, especially when competing in organizations like PRIDE, Strikeforce and UFC.

When it comes to the issue of TRT, I have limited knowledge on the matter. I want to believe he's one of the guys that wouldn't cheat the system to gain an advantage, or to level the playing field because of a perception that others do it too. I want to believe that he used the exemption well within the parameters of the rules set in place at all times. I can't say that I know that for sure, but I don't want to doubt it until there's substantial evidence to the contrary.

His success has largely relied on his right hand over the last few years, as plenty of people have stated, and he's had success with that strategy until this late slide. The Machida and Rashad fights weren't the most exciting since the strategy was so limited.

The Vitor knockout was the most disappointing as it seemed like the beginning of the end. And it still may be. But like when Shogun knocked out Te Huna, for a moment I'll be content knowing that Henderson is back in the win column. Regardless of whether it leads him to a win streak into a title shot where he rides off into the sunset or if it leads to one or more more loss(es). I don't hold my breath for him to retire with the title, but goddamnit I can dream.

I don't think he should retire. His loss to Vitor was his 1st KO loss ever, and the first time he's been finished since '08 (against Anderson Silva). Before the Vitor fight; 2 split decision losses to Machida and Rashad. Keyword being split. It's not like he's getting destroyed every fight, or getting KO'd every fight.

Realistically, I don't see him fulfilling his 6-fight contract, but that could also squeeze out to a 3-4 year contract, if finished. Too soon to call for his retirement just yet, IMO.

How awesome would Hendo vs Liddell have been? Man.

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    How awesome would Hendo vs Liddell have been? Man.
    I think I may have posted this match up in the dream matches thread once. I only wish it could have happened in their prime

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    There aren't very many fighters left like Dan Henderson. With the rise of younger fighters being an inevitable occurrence, it's remarkable that he's been in this profession for so long. Seventeen years in a sport where the name of the game is to assault your opponent until he or she is unable to continue or gives up is astounding to me, especially when competing in organizations like PRIDE, Strikeforce and UFC.

When it comes to the issue of TRT, I have limited knowledge on the matter. I want to believe he's one of the guys that wouldn't cheat the system to gain an advantage, or to level the playing field because of a perception that others do it too. I want to believe that he used the exemption well within the parameters of the rules set in place at all times. I can't say that I know that for sure, but I don't want to doubt it until there's substantial evidence to the contrary.

His success has largely relied on his right hand over the last few years, as plenty of people have stated, and he's had success with that strategy until this late slide. The Machida and Rashad fights weren't the most exciting since the strategy was so limited.

The Vitor knockout was the most disappointing as it seemed like the beginning of the end. And it still may be. But like when Shogun knocked out Te Huna, for a moment I'll be content knowing that Henderson is back in the win column. Regardless of whether it leads him to a win streak into a title shot where he rides off into the sunset or if it leads to one or more more loss(es). I don't hold my breath for him to retire with the title, but goddamnit I can dream.
    There haven't been many fighters like Dan Henderson ever.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    I think I may have posted this match up in the dream matches thread once. I only wish it could have happened in their prime
    Me too but while in their prime they were in different weight classes.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    There haven't been many fighters like Dan Henderson ever.

Me too but while in their prime they were in different weight classes.
    Like dan gives a shit about weight classes... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    Like dan gives a shit about weight classes... Lol
    That's a natural fact, jack. Dan just wants to drop some H-bombs.

Isn't it funny how Dan blatantly grabbed the fence early in the fight...then, later on, he hits Shogun to the back of the head 4 or 5 times and stops as soon as he sees Herb is in a position to see them landing...and there are actually people who aren't questioning these things lol

I think Shogun was screwed before the back of the head shots landed, but it doesn't change that they were blatantly illegal and seemed 100% intentional. I think alot more people would be complaining if it wasn't Dan Henderson. Between that, smoking Fedor in the back of the head, the huge follow up punch on an obviously out cold Bisping (And Wandy for that matter)...

...I'm still a fan, but these types of things really make me glad Anderson was around to keep him in check and keep him from becoming UFC champ .

And on top of that, Hendo usually has an excuse for a loss, or thinks he didn't lose...even though he's had a bunch of close decisions go his way lol, then of course there's the TRT thing. Dan is obviously a warrior and a tough SOB anyways...but he's still found a way to irk me throughout his career despite being a fan.
    Last edited by dbader08; 03-26-2014 at 02:59 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

I'm a fan too, but screw him, and I hate him!
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information