Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Should Hendo Retire on Top?

AnchorPunch, your response to Goremire made me laugh, because you're right. I'd probably think it was a lot less funny if he lost, but your point about his cornermen made me think of Major League where the manager just says, "Give em' the heater!".

http://youtu.be/v-UycJ70D4Y
    Last edited by The Donosaur; 03-27-2014 at 10:53 PM.
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I think he's spent too long at his camp. I've also felt that his predictability was an issue for a long time, but was really shocked listening to his corner after round 1 or 2 in this fight. The advice was feint the jab and throw the overhand right. That's his gameplan for every fight, every round, every situation. It was really a bummer to hear it coming from his corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    AnchorPunch, your response to Goremire made me laugh, because you're right. I'd probably think it was a lot less funny if he lost, but your point about his cornermen made me think of Major League where the manager just says, "Give em' the heater!".

http://youtu.be/v-UycJ70D4Y
    Yeah, that was pretty crazy to hear his corner say that. Faking the jab (or the low kick) are really the only setups he uses. That's a shame. Although the right hook off the break he got Shogun with was a result of a faked shot - Jack Slack breaks it down here. Given how he attempted it a couple of times makes it seem deliberate (and not just swinging wildly) so maybe that 'fake the jab' was code? Or just something Hendo figured he'd do on the fly.

But if he can start committing to other strikes and getting his opponent's attention shifted away from his right hand he can open up more opportunities to land it. He's pretty predictable but he can use that to his advantage if he starts mixing t up. He's two big wins away - (or one win over the right opponent at the right time) max from a shot, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Isn't it funny how Dan blatantly grabbed the fence early in the fight...then, later on, he hits Shogun to the back of the head 4 or 5 times and stops as soon as he sees Herb is in a position to see them landing...and there are actually people who aren't questioning these things lol

I think Shogun was screwed before the back of the head shots landed, but it doesn't change that they were blatantly illegal and seemed 100% intentional. I think alot more people would be complaining if it wasn't Dan Henderson. Between that, smoking Fedor in the back of the head, the huge follow up punch on an obviously out cold Bisping (And Wandy for that matter)...

...I'm still a fan, but these types of things really make me glad Anderson was around to keep him in check and keep him from becoming UFC champ .

And on top of that, Hendo usually has an excuse for a loss, or thinks he didn't lose...even though he's had a bunch of close decisions go his way lol, then of course there's the TRT thing. Dan is obviously a warrior and a tough SOB anyways...but he's still found a way to irk me throughout his career despite being a fan.
    I think a lot of the times the back of the head shots are not intentional but more so hard to avoid when a guy is hiding his face in the canvas. Fighters are trying to strike around to hit the side of the head but it doesn't seem so easy to pinpoint. Safest solution is to not through to the head at all in that situation but if you're a fighter and have someone hurt, your instinct probably has you go for the face/head. I think 9/10 the strikes to the back of the head are necessarily intentional.

fuck you hoss
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Shogun gave up, and as a sign of respect to the superior fighter, he knelt and kissed Hendo's invisible ring... very classy imo.
    Haha

Hahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahhahaha

You sir, are a delight.
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Isn't it funny how Dan blatantly grabbed the fence early in the fight...then, later on, he hits Shogun to the back of the head 4 or 5 times and stops as soon as he sees Herb is in a position to see them landing...and there are actually people who aren't questioning these things lol

I think Shogun was screwed before the back of the head shots landed, but it doesn't change that they were blatantly illegal and seemed 100% intentional. I think alot more people would be complaining if it wasn't Dan Henderson. Between that, smoking Fedor in the back of the head, the huge follow up punch on an obviously out cold Bisping (And Wandy for that matter)...

...I'm still a fan, but these types of things really make me glad Anderson was around to keep him in check and keep him from becoming UFC champ .

And on top of that, Hendo usually has an excuse for a loss, or thinks he didn't lose...even though he's had a bunch of close decisions go his way lol, then of course there's the TRT thing. Dan is obviously a warrior and a tough SOB anyways...but he's still found a way to irk me throughout his career despite being a fan.

All the reasons I don't like dirty Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    All the reasons I don't like dirty Dan.
    Hey, that's not one of his nicknames. Did you make that up? If so, pretty clever, mister.
    USA! USA! USA!

I asked my gf to give me a "dirty dan" once.....couldn't look her in the eye after she did it though.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information