+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Chris Weidman Out of UFC 173 Due to Injury

Meltzer

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dana make that fight and promise the winner a title shot.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I could very easily see Rory/Diaz being made.
    I'd rather see a Diaz Lawler rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I'd rather see a Diaz Lawler rematch.
    What's Lawler's ETR after that five rounder? As much as that's the bout to book, I wonder if they just won't be able to match them up due to Lawler's medical plus required full training camp...

Diaz coming back for who? Better not be Hendricks. If it is then the long anticipated Dana vs Tito fight should be the co main.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Haha it is better but my job is awesome and my living situation is excellent as is the weather. I;'m simply referring to the fact that sports isn't as much of the culture here and watching a long island guy with my brothers on long island would be fun. I wasn't shitting on Florida.
    I just like giving people from the long island a hard time.

And people in south florida do get pretty jacked up for games, just not the local teams. Because nobody in south florida is from south florida. Besides, it doesn't snow 9 months out of the year like it does up north. So we're not stuck inside watching tv unless we want to. A lot more to do outside down here, year round
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I just like giving people from the long island a hard time.

And people in south florida do get pretty jacked up for games, just not the local teams. Because nobody in south florida is from south florida. Besides, it doesn't snow 9 months out of the year like it does up north. So we're not stuck inside watching tv unless we want to. A lot more to do outside down here, year round
    They like soccer and college football here. I get looked at like a crazy person when I say I like baseball and the only know MMA as UFC. This is just the people I experienced. I'm as far north in Miami as you get, literally two blocks from the border so maybe more southern parts it is different.

I wonder if Weidman really even got hurt. UFC wanted this as the big 4th of July main event from the get go, but Weidman talked them into May so he could enjoy the holiday. With Hendricks now out until at least fall, not sure what other championship fight could have drawn enough interest to make this event a blockbuster.

Or Weidman could have just gotten hurt.

173 is an extremely weak card without this fight. I doubt they would to put on a card two months later.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    173 is an extremely weak card without this fight.
    There is going to be many weak cards this year with only 4 active champs.

More champs are either out hurt, hurt & coaching TUF or off making movies than are available to fight before the end of the year....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information