Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter 19 Cast Revealed

Hybrid View

Default The Ultimate Fighter 19 Cast Revealed

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-cast-revealed

Fans have been waiting anxiously for the cast of The Ultimate Fighter 19, which was announced in full Tuesday.

The season, which will be coached by BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar, premieres April 16 after the TUF Nations Finale on Fox Sports 1. The season will host a field of middleweight and light heavyweight participants who will fight for a UFC contract.

The season has a nice mix of past competitors, unknowns, up-and-comers and even a former Bellator champion.

There are three men on the series who have already competed on a season of TUF. Two of them (Tim Williams and Jake Heun) were on the 17th season, while one man (Nordine Taleb of Team Canada) competed on TUF Nations. Williams and Heun lost their elimination-round fights to Dylan Andrews and Adam Cella, respectively. Taleb lost his quarterfinals bout in a potential fight of the season to Tyler Manawaroa.

Former Bellator welterweight champion Lyman Good is also slated to appear on the show, moving up from welterweight to middleweight. His contract with Bellator expired and he jumped on a chance to try to make the UFC soon after.

Other notables on the cast include Irish phenom Cathal Pendred, who is a teammate of Conor McGregor; Dhiego Lima, the brother of Bellator title challenger Douglas Lima; and Eddie Gordon, a disciple of Matt Serra and Ray Longo's gym.

According to the list of men the UFC released, only 31 participants have been announced, meaning the list is one man short. That means we will probably find out who the 32nd man is upon the season premiere April 16.

Below is a list of all the participants on the show:

Corey Anderson (3-0)
    Kelly Anundson (6-1)
    Anton Berzin (3-1)
    Josh Clark (7-2)
    Chris Fields (8-4)
    Matt Gabel (8-3)
    Lyman Good (15-3)
    Eddie Gordon (6-1)
    Jake Heun (6-3)
    Mike King (5-0)
    Tyler King (7-1)
    Dhiego Lima (9-2)
    Adrian Miles (14-5)
    Tyler Minton (5-1)
    Todd Monaghan (8-2)
    Cody Mumma (5-1)
    Cathal Pendred (13-2)
    John Poppie (3-1)
    Doug Sparks (7-2)
    Dan Spohn (8-3)
    Josh Stansbury (4-2)
    Ian Stephens (4-0)
    Adam Stroup (5-1)
    Nordine Taleb (8-2)
    Hector Urbina (16-8-1)
    Matt Van Buren (6-2)
    Bojan Velickovic (8-2)
    Daniel Vizcaya (7-2)
    Patrick Walsh (4-1)
    Tim Williams (8-1)
    Roger Zapata (5-1)
    Interesting that there are only 31 revealed. I wonder if the last one is going to be a big surprise or if it's just going to be another guy from this season of TUF that hasn't been eliminated yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-cast-revealed

Interesting that there are only 31 revealed. I wonder if the last one is going to be a big surprise or if it's just going to be another guy from this season of TUF that hasn't been eliminated yet.
    That is weird. It's probably just some guy that they aren't sure about what the deal is with his contract at his current organization. I think its dumb that some dude has 25 fights can be on TUF with dudes that are 3-1 meanwhile Jone Jones, Cain Velasquez and Chris Weidman have only 20, 14 and 11 pro fights respectively.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    That is weird. It's probably just some guy that they aren't sure about what the deal is with his contract at his current organization. I think its dumb that some dude has 25 fights can be on TUF with dudes that are 3-1 meanwhile Jone Jones, Cain Velasquez and Chris Weidman have only 20, 14 and 11 pro fights respectively.
    I know what you're saying but in all fairness, they all started off their respective UFC careers with undefeated streaks.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I know what you're saying but in all fairness, they all started off their respective UFC careers with undefeated streaks.
    That was an extreme example but I'd say at least 50 percent of the ufc roster doesn't have 25 fights.

Lyman Good and Dhiego Lima should be a lock for the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Lyman Good and Dhiego Lima should be a lock for the finals.
    I dind't even realize they were on there, That is a little ridiculous to me Lyman Good is a very good fighter who was very close to being bellator champ. He was labeled as this big up and coming prodigy prospect by mma media outlets. I don't understand why a guy like him is in the TUF house when random dudes get actual UFC fights.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I dind't even realize they were on there, That is a little ridiculous to me Lyman Good is a very good fighter who was very close to being bellator champ. He was labeled as this big up and coming prodigy prospect by mma media outlets. I don't understand why a guy like him is in the TUF house when random dudes get actual UFC fights.
    Not just close to being a champ but he was actually the champ.

Sometimes they need good fighters for credibility and ratings. They had Roy Nelson on the TUF 10 as well, and that made no sense either but he won and it gave him even more exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Not just close to being a champ but he was actually the champ.

Sometimes they need good fighters for credibility and ratings. They had Roy Nelson on the TUF 10 as well, and that made no sense either but he won and it gave him even more exposure.
    Yes you're right I forgot about that because I didn't watch the first season of bellator. It became much more popular when Askren and Huerta signed which was when I started watching. He was always on commercials on Long Island for Tiger Schulman's MMA.

Lima is a a beast. He faught a guy i know at MFC 29 when it was hear in windsor. Pulling for him to win this season of TUF

Can we skip the show and just have the coaches fight......

Thread Information