Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cormier vs Rafael 'Feijao' Cavalcante fight possible for UFC 175 on July 5 in Las Veg

Default Cormier vs Rafael 'Feijao' Cavalcante fight possible for UFC 175 on July 5 in Las Veg

Cormier vs Rafael 'Feijao' Cavalcante fight possible for UFC 175 on July 5 in Las Vegas
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/3/26/55...-las-vegas-mma
    Daniel Cormier is under consideration to fight former Strikeforce stablemate, Rafael Cavalcante, at UFC 175, which will take place at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on July 5, 2014. Would a win over the former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion be enough to earn "DC" a 205-pound UFC title shot?

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) pretty much has its Light Heavyweight title picture set in stone.

With that in mind, the world's leading mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion is considering another pivotal match that would sharpen the 205-pound focus, pitting former Strikeforce standouts, Daniel Cormier and Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante, at UFC 175.

The possible booking, which would be featured on pay-per-view (PPV) live from Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on July 5, 2014, comes courtesy of a report earlier this evening on "UFC Tonight."
    Cormier (14-0) is coming off an easy win and hasn't quite fought the best of the best in the light heavyweight division. "Feijao" -- who owns 11 (technical) knockout finishes in 12 wins -- will push the action and make "DC" work for his win.

I like this fight but still not a fight to get you a title shot.

damn this is stupid. I understand that he switched weight classes but he was arguably the top contender at HW and now he is going from pat cummins to fejaio at LHW. I hope its one of those deals where they will give him a title shot if he wins despite the fact fejaio isn't a title contender right now.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Seems to me that they really want Cormier to build up his record before challenging for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Seems to me that they really want Cormier to build up his record before challenging for the title.
    Then why was he scheduled to fight Rashad?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I don't think they are trying to build up anyone, I just think the LHW champ is busy for the next 6-8 months with both Tex and Goose for the winner.

It would be stupid for DC to sit out for a year waiting for a shot.

He should have to slay a dragon to fight Bones Jones!
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Keeping him busy while they fantasy book Bones/Goose II as the next title fight is fine....but Feijao is a stout task and really could play the spoiler in the first round or two...

lol

If Feijao comes in on his game this will be interesting.

His best fight was against Mo Lawal when he beat him for the strikeforce title.

Thread Information