Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cormier vs Rafael 'Feijao' Cavalcante fight possible for UFC 175 on July 5 in Las Veg

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post

His best fight was against Mo Lawal when he beat him for the strikeforce title.
    which isnt saying much at all. #5 ranked guy vs apparently #13 ranked cavalcante - who is 1-1-1 in his last 3 bouts with a failded drug test as well.

Give him hendo, or davis/johnson winner, or lil nog, or bader. SOMEONE remotely in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    damn this is stupid. I understand that he switched weight classes but he was arguably the top contender at HW and now he is going from pat cummins to fejaio at LHW. I hope its one of those deals where they will give him a title shot if he wins despite the fact fejaio isn't a title contender right now.
    It really makes no sense at all to me...

Dominating Bigfoot and Barnett means something...and he's easily won every fight since then, even though he wasn't overly impressive in some of those. But those were fights where he had very little to gain, so you can't blame him at all for fighting safe.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Given the timing, it just seems like he just wants to fight badly. He was going to get scratched from the February card, and he said he will fight anybody. After the fight, he mentioned that he wants to fight again soon. Also, when he was offered to wait for the winner of Jones/Glover and Gus, he said he'd rather fight. Even if he wins the fight against Feijao, I think he's still going to take another fight instead of waiting for a title shot.

I'm also positive that he's training right now just in case Jones, Glover, Davis or Johnson gets injured.

Zuffa loves guys who'd rather take fights, so I'm sure he will get rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    It really makes no sense at all to me...

Dominating Bigfoot and Barnett means something...and he's easily won every fight since then, even though he wasn't overly impressive in some of those. But those were fights where he had very little to gain, so you can't blame him at all for fighting safe.
    ...are you suggesting that you're ok with someone being a "point fighter?"

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I honestly figured they would let Hendo heal up and then put together Cormier vs Hendo. Hendo stated he wanted to rest up and then take Weidman's place and fight Machida, why not keep him in his current weight class and heal up and fight Cormier? If Hendo beats Cormier then it's a huge nod into his cap and puts him directly back into the mix, the mix he was in last year before injury. If Cormier beats Hendo then he has a true name under his belt and keeps him active to space out to be ready for the winner of Jones v Gus.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

A huge nod into his cap?

I like a Cormier/Hendo fight. At least Hendo won't get finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    A huge nod into his cap?

I like a Cormier/Hendo fight. At least Hendo won't get finished.
    A huge knot under his cap???

Notch in his belt?
    Feather in his cap?

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

People get all upset over DC fighting Cavalcante but I didnt hear many people crying about Condit being matched up with Woodley. Condit was the top contender who was matched up with a non top ten guy - Woodley. And who won that fight?

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    damn this is stupid. I understand that he switched weight classes but he was arguably the top contender at HW and now he is going from pat cummins to fejaio at LHW. I hope its one of those deals where they will give him a title shot if he wins despite the fact fejaio isn't a title contender right now.
    Why would you hope that? Beating 2 non top 10 LHW should never earn somebody a title shot
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Thread Information