Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Going to Watch Metamoris 3 tomorrow with Bravo vs Gracie?

Superfun match! Bravo impressed me so much!
    Nope

Report: Royce Gracie threatened Eddie Bravo after Metamoris 3

On Saturday night, Eddie Bravo and Royler Gracie went back-and-forth in a 20 minute match at Metamoris 3. The fight was a highly anticipated rematch of their 2003 ADCC meeting where Bravo submitted Gracie, but this time around the bout ended in a draw.

Despite the result, Bravo was the more impressive on the mat with his control and submission attempts and it appears to have upset UFC legend Royce Gracie.

According to reports, Royce Gracie confronted Bravo backstage after the bout came to an end.

From the Underground:

The Underground spoke to a person who wished to remain anonymous, but was back stage at the event. After exhausting himself for the 20-minute match, Bravo left the stage and proceeded to throw up as his adrenaline dumped. It was then that UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie approached Bravo and began to berate him.

Allegedly, Gracie threatened to kick Bravo’s ass because he believed that Bravo disrespected his brother Royler, his family, and his father Helio. Bravo was apparently caught off guard by the attack, and friend and trainer Jean Jacques Machado intervened to keep the situation from escalating.
    The good news is that it sounds like no punches were ever thrown and there was never any physical confrontation, so things could have been much worse.

It is unfortunate that something like this happened at the end of a great match, but at least it didn’t happen with the cameras rolling and take away from what was otherwise an excellent night for jiu jitsu.

Fantastic match.

Royce Gracie open to fight with Eddie Bravo
    "I wanted to talk to him for years, but never had the chance to meet him," Royce told MMAFighting. "I met him after the fight and he was there, throwing up. Royler dominated him so much, he did so much strength, that he threw up after the fight."

"I told him that I liked what he said after the fight, but didn’t like the fact that he always talked trash about Royler and my family. He stood up and started yelling, so I also raised the tone of my voice and told him I didn’t like it."

"He said he always gave my family credit, but I know it’s not true. He always talks trash about my family. Enough with this s---. He said he never talked bad about my family and he always gave us credit. He kept raising the tone of his voice, and I told him to shut up, so Jean Jacques (Machado) came in, said we didn’t need this and asked (Bravo) to leave."

Gracie said he would not compete against Bravo in a grappling match, but seemed open to an MMA fight.

"Can we slap each other? Can we beat each other?" Gracie replied a laugh when asked if he’d accept to fight Bravo at Metamoris.

"I’m a vale-tudo fighter. I’m not a fighter to score points of fight with time limit. Let’s (fight) with no time limit and with punches allowed. I’m a vale-tudo fighter, I don’t compete in (grappling) tournaments."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Royce is trying hard to make some money nowadays, maybe he should lower is 1 million a fight pricetag.

Eddie Bravo would school Royce. Royler is a much much better grappler than Royce.

I will first off state that I in no way know how BJJ tourny's are scored but in my uneducated opinion if that were a point match bravo would have won hands down. however it was sub only so it goes down as a draw. does anyone with more knowledge of scoring in grappling have an opinion on who would have won if that match were scored? just curious.
    Bow down before me as you will surely fall if you challenge me

Quote Originally Posted by hurt80 View Post
    I will first off state that I in no way know how BJJ tourny's are scored but in my uneducated opinion if that were a point match bravo would have won hands down. however it was sub only so it goes down as a draw. does anyone with more knowledge of scoring in grappling have an opinion on who would have won if that match were scored? just curious.
    Most fans are in agreement that Bravo would have won on points considering the numerable amount of sub attempts he had.

Bravo on the JRE today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Most fans are in agreement that Bravo would have won on points considering the numerable amount of sub attempts he had.
    I've never been in a tournament where they give actual points for submission attempts. They give advantages for close submissions, therefore, if the score is tied, the person with the advantage will win the match. But based on only watching the fight once, I agree that Eddie Bravo beat him on points. Royler did have a reversal but I'm pretty sure I saw numerous reversals by Bravo and i think a guard pass. I don't really remember. But if its a submission only match, sometimes you just grapple and give up positions to try and get a submission where as if it were points you might not want to give up your position that easily. So it's kind of misleading if you were to count points.

Thread Information