Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WSOF 9 Discussion

Im enjoying wsof a lot more than Bellator lately tbh.

Moraes is a fuckin beast.

Hope Carl smashes Palhares

Did he really still fuckin hold on to that? Wtf

That was quick.

Hopefully Fitch goes back to AKA full time, and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    The commentators mentioned that he let go of it right at the tap, but clearly he didn't and waited for the ref to pull him off. At least he didn't keep cranking after the ref came.

I would be so scared to fight Palhares.

Even after all of the bullshit, Palhares STILL needs the ref to pull him off his opponent who is CLEARLY tapping.

100% dirty, I'd fucking cut his ass just for that given his history. Palhares should know better, it wasn't like Pierce but goddamn let go of the sub once he's visibly tapping!

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Honestly I don't think it was that bad. If it was anyone else, I doubt anyone would have noticed. To me, it looked like as soon as the ref touched his arms, he let go in less than a second. Was a little "iffy", but I've seen worse from other fighters, and certainly from Paulharris.

Yeeeeeah, Yves is forced to break the hold, this guy's a career killer in the waiting. He hasn't learned and WSOF commentary didn't bring it up but actually said he released immediately. FUCK PALHARES.

I can't understand wtf is wrong with this fuckin guy. I was just telling my girl about how he doesn't let go of subs and he locks it on and she starts screaming at the tv lmao.

Burkman would smash him, idk about Fitch tho. He's not looking too good these days imo

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Honestly I don't think it was that bad. If it was anyone else, I doubt anyone would have noticed. To me, it looked like as soon as the ref touched his arms, he let go in less than a second. Was a little "iffy", but I've seen worse from other fighters, and certainly from Paulharris.
    Not as bad as pierce but the ref still had to break the goddamn sub, that's pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    He's earned the extra scrutiny and microscope for his past behaviour....and he's failed again.

When the dude has been CUT from the UFC for excessively holding submissions in numerous fights and has been officially suspended and reprimanded for holding submissions in the past, he should acknowledge that he has learned from his past mistakes and release once the blatant tap occurred. Palhares is a scumbag who hasn't learned from his previous disciplines and tonight showed me no different, he's going to cripple somebody one of these times.

Sure, it was of a lesser-degree than some of his more violent holds, but once a guy taps, and a visible tap like that one, you let go, the end result of him holding on a fraction too long is still devastating to his opponent, and the GIF shows, Yves has to break the sub.

Thread Information