+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alistair Overeem-Josh Barnett Interested In Finally Fighting It Out

Default Alistair Overeem-Josh Barnett Interested In Finally Fighting It Out

Alistair Overeem-Josh Barnett Interested In Finally Fighting It Out

During a recent appearance on Submission Radio, Overeem stated that he would like to return to the Octagon against either Mark Hunt or Barnett. Overeem, a former Strikeforce champion, is coming off a recent victory over Frank Mir that snapped a two-fight losing skid.

“I believe Josh is ranked one place better than me,” Overeem said. “I also think the fight with Josh would be nice considering his long Japanese history, as well as mine.”
    Barnett, himself coming off a knockout loss to Travis Browne, was asked about the potential fight on Twitter and replied with “Sweet.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

So barnett wants to leave the UFC already?

A patient ubereem is a dangerous ubereem. And lately he looks like an old fisherman...patiently waiting on that strike.
    But then again, like an old fisherman, his chin is dogshit.

I'm calling it now. Ubereem has no chin left after the Bigfoot fight. If you can touch it you win. If you can touch it.
    Last edited by Tongan.Death.Grip; 03-30-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Barnett's chin has held up far better than Overeem's. The man fights smart by sticking to his strengths, avoids damage. Josh should be able to find this fight to the ground and secure one of his patented subs.

I just don't think AO is the same fighter without his juice. After one round, the guy will be huffing and puffing with the aggression Josh can bring.

If Overeem fights smart, he will finish Barnett in the first round
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

As soon as overreem starts winning streak, people are gonna accuse him of being on the "juice" again. those 3 guys are my favorite HW fighters in the UFC. I don't care who wins.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    As soon as overreem starts winning streak, people are gonna accuse him of being on the "juice" again. those 3 guys are my favorite HW fighters in the UFC. I don't care who wins.
    i'm a big AO fan as well, but come on it is clear that he juices and would not be nearly as good without it.

Warmaster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Funny how some people still believe that AO is a clean fighter.

Come on guys, it does not feel good to admit it but almost all fighters (At least in the big promotions) use "extra help".
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information