Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Bisping: Ranger Up has a hard-on for me, uses my limelight to 'sell its shitt

Micheal 'Always the bridesmaid' Bisping will never be champion but will beat kennedy via easy UD.

Nostral_dumass has spoken.

I like Tim, but I think Mike gets on his bike and wins. With his style, I don't see him really engaging or putting himself in harms way. He'll use a crazy reach advantage and peck and run, but I really don't see him ever putting Tim in harms way.

He's a good fighter, not a great fighter...but then again, so is Kennedy--good, but not great. I think the size advantage plays a huge dividend for Bisping here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    To me, he's like Koscheck, who was always close to getting a title shot but then failed. Koscheck only got one because GSP ran through the whole division that it only came down to Koscheck and Daley (who was tailor-made for Koscheck).
    Not to mention, Kos needed an academy-award nominated performance and some of the most disgusting lay and pray ever to win. I can't imagine that even his mom was OK with that fight.

I think the other obvious comparison between Kos and Bisping is that both play the heel, both give interviews where they say they don't care if people hate them, and then both complain about people misunderstanding them and hating them in the next interview they give.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Bisping's taking this fight on points. Kennedy allows himself to eat too many shots and tends to lose rounds while looking for the takedown, and I highly doubt that Bisping is going to give Kennedy to opportunity to get in close.

Bisping's a big MW and his kickboxing is bound to give Kennedy trouble throughout the five rounds and I think Bisping outworks him with higher output.

I see this fight as similar to the Kennedy/Rockhold fight, where Rockhold was just quicker on the feet and Kennedy was just a second slower. Kennedy can win the fight, but I think Bisping fights the conservative periphery kickboxing game and wears Tim down...

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I think Bisping and Kennedy should have about the same ranking. I wasn't so much insulting Bisping, who I think is a tool, as saying he isn't above Kennedy, and Kennedy didn't need to talk his way into anything.
    As of right now, Bisping is definitely above Kennedy. Kennedy hasn't even beat a top 20 yet! His best win is against Lawler when Robbie was already on a bad stretch. Kennedy's best moment was losing a close decision to Jacare, who at that time was around #10. Bisping has actually beat top 10 guys and he at least had a split decision against #2 MW at that time in Chael Sonnen.

In my opinion, Kennedy shouldn't even be fighting Bisping yet with wins against Trevor Smith, Roger Gracie or Rafael Natal (all of whom are not in the top 25). It really should've gone to Rockhold, who clearly beat Kennedy, and is a much more superior fighter than Kennedy will ever be.

5. Default

I see it if Bisping wants to win it has to be someone using his coat tail as when they put him on someone else's he lost. So suck it up Mike, and as other said he's good just not great.

Kennedy got the fight with hype, trash-talk and transvestite photos on Twitter.

As of right now, Bisping is definitely above Kennedy. Kennedy hasn't even beat a top 20 yet! His best win is against Lawler when Robbie was already on a bad stretch. Kennedy's best moment was losing a close decision to Jacare, who at that time was around #10. Bisping has actually beat top 10 guys and he at least had a split decision against #2 MW at that time in Chael Sonnen.

In my opinion, Kennedy shouldn't even be fighting Bisping yet with wins against Trevor Smith, Roger Gracie or Rafael Natal (all of whom are not in the top 25). It really should've gone to Rockhold, who clearly beat Kennedy, and is a much more superior fighter than Kennedy will ever be.
    First, I had Jacare around 8 at the time they fought, and there is no way you can convince me that Kennedy didn't beat him. To me, that's as good a win as Bisping has in his whole resume. I don't have Kennedy ranked higher than Bisping, because he's inconsistent [kind of like Hendo, in that regard], but at least he comes to fight every time. Bisping is a points fighter, and he's not above dirty tactics.

I could see the bout going to Rockhold, but I thought he was supposed to face Boetsch at some point soon. I think Luke walks through Bisping...and actually, Boetsch would stand a good chance to do so as well...although he's inconsistent as well.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I have a similar view, though maybe a little less harsh on Kennedy. For all the ire he receives, Bisping has a handful of decent wins, more than Kennedy.

I think Bisping uses his cardio and his kickboxing to make this easy. Though I think he'll surprise by doing quite well in the clinch too.

Not to sound like a broken record, but...

Everything this guy just said. Spot on in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    But I LIKE Bisping.

Psh.

Thread Information