Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hendo/Cormier targeted for UFC 175 on July 5th in Vegas

Hybrid View

Default Hendo/Cormier targeted for UFC 175 on July 5th in Vegas

Just caught this on Twitter and thought it'd make good news...

Daniel Cormier vs. Dan Henderson targeted for UFC 175

By Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani on Mar 31 2014, 6:57p

Daniel Cormier
    will not be fighting Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante next after all.Instead, Cormier (14-0) will face Dan Henderson (30-11) on July 5 at UFC 175, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. The promotion is expected to announce the news in the coming days.
    On last week's episode of "UFC Tonight," it was reported that Cormier vs. Cavalcante was being discussed for the event -- and it was -- however, the promotion decided to offer Henderson the Cormier fight following his thrilling comeback win over Shogun Rua on March 23. Had Henderson turned down the fight for whatever reason, the UFC most likely would have booked Cormier vs. Cavalcante.
    The fight will pit two former Olympians. Cormier, a 2004 and 2008 member of the USA Wrestling Olympic team, improved to 14-0 in his light heavyweight debut last month when he defeated Patrick Cummins via first-round TKO.
    The 43-year-old Henderson, a 1992 and 1996 member of the USA Wrestling Olympic team, snapped a three-fight losing streak when he defeated Rua last week.
    UFC 175, headlined by Chris Weidman vs. Lyoto Machida for the UFC middleweight title, will take place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/31...ed-for-ufc-175

I don't even like Dan and I feel bad for him lol

so will this be a title contender match? I love Dan but I see him being held against the cage for three rounds and losing a decision. I pray he catches Cormier with a H-bomb though
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    so will this be a title contender match? I love Dan but I see him being held against the cage for three rounds and losing a decision. I pray he catches Cormier with a H-bomb though
    Pretty much!

I think Cormier is better than Hendo everywhere, including striking, striking defense, takedowns, takedown defense, ground control, cage work, speed and endurance. Hendo edges Cormier in the power department but Cormier also has a lot of power. I'm obviously picking Cormier but damn Hendo and his ability to land that H-bomb at any time. Betting against him is never a sure bet.

I am a big Hendo fan but Cormier gets the finish in this fight. Hendo being without TRT this fight is a game changer.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Damn. Dana White@danawhite 10m@arielhelwani Ariel is not correct. That fight is not done
    Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

Hendo's gunna knock Mrs. Cormier the fuck out.

This could be awesome but I see Cormier beating Dan down.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Poor Dan is gonna take a beating.

Thread Information