Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Paige VanZant won't be part of The Ultimate Fighter 20 women's strawweight cast

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I disagree, wmma is interesting and the conversations go to looks because males are dirty fuckers. Paige was able to handle Torres for 3 rounds, so she has my respect.
    ^^^This. I do find WMMA interesting. It's just that I (as well as most of you filthy bastards) gets easily distracted by hot fighters so it's incredibly easy for conversations about female fighters to basically deteriorate to "nice tits"

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,186

    Default

    Speaking of attractive and talented ladies.... Maybe it wasnt an April Fools joke after all...

    Gina Carano meeting with Dana White next week to discuss UFC future
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I disagree, wmma is interesting and the conversations go to looks because males are dirty fuckers. Paige was able to handle Torres for 3 rounds, so she has my respect.
    It isn't as interesting as all the men's weight classes a large majority of people had no clue who any of these girls were and its because they don't care enough to watch women's MMA. Aside from anything involving Ronda, the buzz for women's MMA in terms of it being a sport, is very low. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    It isn't as interesting as all the men's weight classes a large majority of people had no clue who any of these girls were and its because they don't care enough to watch women's MMA. Aside from anything involving Ronda, the buzz for women's MMA in terms of it being a sport, is very low. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.


    Back in the day... outside of a couple marketable champs, not many people cared enough to watch males compete in mma either. Hell, outside of the UFC, not much of the general public gives two shits about mma. Half the fans on this forum couldnt tell you who is fighting in tongiht's Bellator card without having to Google it.

    The UFC will continue the wmma promo machine moving forward and you will see it gain awareness and popularity for its talent and not just its sex appeal.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 04-04-2014 at 11:24 AM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Back in the day... outside of a couple marketable champs, not many people cared enough to watch males compete in mma either. Hell, outside of the UFC, not much of the general public gives two shits about mma. Half the fans on this forum couldnt tell you who is fighting in tongiht's Bellator card without having to Google it.

    The UFC will continue the wmma promo machine moving forward and you will see it gain awareness and popularity for its talent and not just its sex appeal.
    Yeah but I'm not talking about back in the day I'm talking about now lol.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Yeah but I'm not talking about back in the day I'm talking about now lol.
    And right now it's a growing weight class. Like the LW and smaller divisions before it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,186

    Default

    From TUF reject to UFC fighter, Paige VanZant says road to Octagon 'bittersweet'
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/25/58...act-anyway-mma
    Something that was both a blessing and bittersweet for Paige as she recently explained on The MMA Hour:

    "It was a concern for me. I didn't know if they made a mistake or not. I went to the bantamweight tryouts just to be with teammates and help them out. I saw that one of the stipulations was that you had to be 21, and then, actually Dana White called me and said that I was on the show. I wasn't going to second guess him, I was completely in shock. I was excited. I knew it might come up and it was terrible that it did. But I ended up getting a UFC contract anyways, so all in all, it worked out pretty good for me. They called and and said, 'you're not on the show, sorry, but you still get the contract'. So it was kind of bittersweet for me. I don't have the experience of going in the house and I don't get to work with those coaches. But then again, I don't have to go into the house and put up with 15 girls all cutting weight at the same time."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •