Thread: WSOF VP: Two wins gets Melvin Guillard a title shot

Default WSOF VP: Two wins gets Melvin Guillard a title shot

WSOF VP: Two wins gets Melvin Guillard a title shot
    But he's done enough in his mixed martial arts (MMA) career to put himself just two wins away from the World Series of Fighting (WSOF) 155-pound strap, according to promotion Vice President Ali Abdel-Aziz (via MMA Fighting).

His words:

"I have big interest in Melvin. The guy is exciting and he always puts on great fights win, lose or draw. And I got the chance to train with him and spar with him, and the guy if he's focused, and he's training, Melvin Guillard is dangerous. I'd like to maybe get him a couple of wins, and maybe he can fight for the title one day. [Melvin] said he wanted to be a champion, and he fought in the UFC five or six times and didn't get a title shot. Listen, get two wins in here and you get a title shot."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Would be glad to see Melvin fighting for WSOF. I didn't see his last fight (damn fight pass) but fortunately I get NBC sports, so bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Would be glad to see Melvin fighting for WSOF. I didn't see his last fight (damn fight pass) but fortunately I get NBC sports, so bring it on.
    Melvin looked pretty poor. He was lagging, slow and disengaging throughout the fight and was just letting Johnson beat him to the punch time and again, while simply trying to throw haymakers. I really think Gaejthe carves Melvin's leg up if they ever meet.

Melvin vs Fitch at catchweight would be pretty cool match up.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I want to see Melvin fight that kid with 1 1/2 arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Melvin vs Fitch at catchweight would be pretty cool match up.
    You're a fan of watching Fitch wrestlefuck guys for 15 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I want to see Melvin fight that kid with 1 1/2 arms.
    I see Melvin getting tooled by Newell and Justin Gaethje. With that said, the WSOF LW division is shallow enough that he could see a title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

This is so weird, I was just talking to a guy at work that grew up with Gaethje & I said if he ever comes to the UFC I'd love to see him fight Guillard.
    Then the Guillard fight happened and he got canned. Now he's in WSOF and will probably, eventually, fight Gaethje.
    FUCKING AWESOME!!!
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I hope Melvin can get back on track and win the title in WSOF. If he's smart he can get back in the UFC or go over to Bellator. I like Melvin, he's from my hometown and reminds of the Saints. and in a sense I can see a bit of myself. Someone who has all to tools, can be a little too cocky, has made mistakes in life, but despite his flaws still believes he can reach his goals. Nobody's perfect everyone has issues, but I admire a person who's working hard for his dreams despite his set backs. Many of you guys count him out, but I root for him. Always will. Hell if the Saints can win the super bowl, he can become UFC champ one day. Time's not on his side, but it's all up to him to put all his tools and his mind together.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Guillard signs with WSOF

Melvin Guillard has signed a multi-fight contract with the promotion, WSOF executive vice president Ali Abdel-Aziz, who was once a sparring partner of Guillard's, confirmed with MMAFighting.com. Jeremy Botter of Bleacher Report first reported the news.

Guillard is expected to make his promotional debut in the summer, potentially as soon as July. No opponent has been lined up yet.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information