Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MacDonald vs. Woodley, 'Feijao' vs. Bader in the works for UFC 174

Default MacDonald vs. Woodley, 'Feijao' vs. Bader in the works for UFC 174

MacDonald vs. Woodley, 'Feijao' vs. Bader in the works for UFC 174
    The title picture should come into focus after UFC 174 in Vancouver on June 14. MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani reported on Wednesday's edition of UFC Tonight on FOX Sports 1 that while not quite official, it's highly likely Rory MacDonald and Tyron Woodley will square off in a key divisional showdown.
    Another bout expected for Vancouver is a light heavyweight showdown between Ryan Bader and Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante. Bader (16-4), the Ultimate Fighter 10 champ, has won two of his past three bouts; Cavalcante (12-4, 1 NC) was last seen in November, when he defeated Igor Pokrajac via first-round submission.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Read today that they're looking at either Mighty Mouse/Bagautinov for the FW title or Aldo/Mendes II for the FW title as the main event for the Vancouver show. Meltzer also mentioned that Yves Jabouin vs. Mike Easton is slated for that card as well.

ya I called this fight during that card but it makes the most sense... I really want to see both fights but look forward to how the Rory/TWood fight plays out.. Rory showed major heart/intelligence/skill in the Maia fight and TWood still has to prove himself to me against the elite of the WW divison

Both of these fights make a lot of sense right now. Winner of Rory vs Woodley gets the title shot? Also, I'm incredibly stoked for the possibility of Aldo vs Mendes II. Aldo grabbing the fence in the first fight always pissed me off. I still feel like that changed the entire complexion of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Oh Boy, Bader is in for a fight with this one.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Excited for both these fights! I think Woodley is going to have far more problems with the jab than Lawler did; looking for a MacDonald win. And I think the second fight is Bader's to lose. If he can keep distance and avoid the heavy strikes in the first round, it should be easy if Feijao gases as badly as he did in his last fight.

7. Default

Im very interested to see how Rory reacts to getting blasted by some good power shots. He didnt seem to fare too well when Lawler touched his chin, and I think Woodley has more 1 punch potential then Robbie.

Woodley/MacDonald should definitely be a title eliminator. I love the matchup both ranking wise and style wise. I'd like to see Woodley win, but I'm not sure if his cardio will be up to par. Then again, that might not matter if he hits Rory with a few big shots to the jaw.

I think Bader catches Cavalcante within two rounds. Not sure why, just a feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Read today that they're looking at either Mighty Mouse/Bagautinov for the FW title or Aldo/Mendes II for the FW title as the main event for the Vancouver show. Meltzer also mentioned that Yves Jabouin vs. Mike Easton is slated for that card as well.
    If it's Aldo mendes I might have to go check this event out. Where did you hear this from?
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Great matchup, we get to see Woodley face another great fighter and see if he really deserves a shot at Hendricks, hopefully this makes it the full 3 rounds as I wanna see how the cardio holds up, also want to see how Rory's chin holds up to them Woodley bombs
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

Thread Information