Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MacDonald vs. Woodley, 'Feijao' vs. Bader in the works for UFC 174

MacDonald wants title shot when he beats Woodley

“When I beat Woodley, hopefully [I get a title shot] in the fall or winter in Toronto or Montreal,” MacDonald said. “Hendricks is a great fighter. I have a lot of respect for him. He’s definitely a good fighter, and I’m excited to see him in the future.”

MacDonald has long been pegged as the heir to the throne of former welterweight champion and fellow Canadian Georges St-Pierre. With St-Pierre’s recent hiatus and surgery, the pressure on MacDonald to follow in the footsteps of his training partner has softened.

While he claims he never truly felt much of the pressure, he’s grateful for the opportunity to build his own legacy with a 2014 campaign that could include wins over Woodley and Hendricks.

“I’m striving to be a champion in the welterweight division,” MacDonald said. “I don’t want to fill Georges’ shoes. That’s an impossible task. I don’t want to be Georges. I want to be myself. I want to represent my style of martial arts and my own personality.

I want to be myself. I want to represent my style of martial arts and my own personality.
    Go back to your ffin roots then quit this jab fest BS.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

3. Default

If Rory get's past Woodley, than for sure he should be the #1 guy. Still confused as to why Lawler didn't get a rematch?
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Thread Information