Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bellator 115 Discussion

why no warning for the knees?

Kongo is such a dirty fighter
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Fight kinda died at the end. Good for Minakov though. And good for Bellator too, it looks good that they've built their own champion and not just had the first ufc reject come in and take the title

Didn't catch the fight, just saw who won. I truly believe that Kongo will always be a gate keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I fell asleep before the main event.

Other fights were good tho.

First 3 rounds of main of event were good. 4th was pretty boring, Kongo sitting on Minakov and then the 5th Minakov took Kongo down in first few seconds and had full mount for most of it (if I am remembering it correctly).

I thought Minakov was done at one point, looked dead tired, good fight for him.

Next week's card looks interesting:

https://bellator.com/fight-card/bellator-116

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I fell asleep before the main event.

Other fights were good tho.

just saw this on Blagoy Ivanov on Wiki: "He notably defeated four-time World Combat Sambo Champion and mixed-martial arts fighter Fedor Emelianenko in the semi-finals"

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    First 3 rounds of main of event were good. 4th was pretty boring, Kongo sitting on Minakov and then the 5th Minakov took Kongo down in first few seconds and had full mount for most of it (if I am remembering it correctly).

I thought Minakov was done at one point, looked dead tired, good fight for him.

Not bad. Yea I've seen the Sambo thing brought up before.

They have to hype him up somehow. Have yet to see him fight or is this his debut?

Johnson is just a powerhouse, if he gets backed up into the cage its a good chance he's getting ko'd

Ivanov is really damn good, although there are still major questions regarding his longterm potential since he was in a coma for a long time after being brutally stabbed and I don't know if he's as good and on the same trajectory. Since his comeback last fall from a near two year layoff, they've been slowly building him back. He's young and has an excellent core skill set, it's just a matter of how much he lost with the stabbing/coma.....

There's just such a blatant blueprint on how to beat Johnson and while Ivanov is giving up some major size here but he's stout and as great balance and power, so IMO, a takedown and sub is pretty damn easy takings for Ivanov if he avoids the straight standup within that first round especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Ivanov is really damn good, although there are still major questions regarding his longterm potential since he was in a coma for a long time after being brutally stabbed and I don't know if he's as good and on the same trajectory. Since his comeback last fall from a near two year layoff, they've been slowly building him back. He's young and has an excellent core skill set, it's just a matter of how much he lost with the stabbing/coma.....

There's just such a blatant blueprint on how to beat Johnson and while Ivanov is giving up some major size here but he's stout and as great balance and power, so IMO, a takedown and sub is pretty damn easy takings for Ivanov if he avoids the straight standup within that first round especially.
    Johnson is by no means a technical guy.He's just a powerhouse that usually gets ppl to backpedal to the cage and he just unloads on them

Thread Information