Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bellator 115 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Johnson is by no means a technical guy.He's just a powerhouse that usually gets ppl to backpedal to the cage and he just unloads on them
    The Del Rosario, Struve and Schaub fights showed how easily he is to take down and get subbed(minding Schaub wasn't hunting for one). When Johnson marches forward, he leaves himself open for the takedown.

Agreed, he is really one dimensional with holes but he has the punching ability to KO anyone in the heavyweight division.

Guessing he has been working hard on his take down defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    The Del Rosario, Struve and Schaub fights showed how easily he is to take down and get subbed(minding Schaub wasn't hunting for one). When Johnson marches forward, he leaves himself open for the takedown.

I know his TD defense is horrible. He's just effective at what he does when he makes his opponent backpedal.

Im not sure if I've seen Olav fight, but surely if he beat Fedor at Sambo, he should surely be able to take him down. That's almost a given since Johnson has just never bothered to learn some tdd. I just find Johnson's style exciting.

Thread Information