Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Most boring fight you ever saw...

PRIDE was awesome but sometimes it had so damn boring fights.

To me, the most boring fight ever is Kevin Randleman vs Michiyoshi Ohara.
    Seriously it is a torture to watch the whole 20 minutes of that garbage. In the whole fight I think that only 3 or 4 punches landed.
    If a fight like that happened today in the UFC, I think that everybody would leave the arena.

Fights that involved Nobuhiko Takada were also extremely boring (They were probably all fixed anyway).

Fights in recent memory....Kongo vs Shawn Jordan was really horrible. Leben vs Brunson, Nelson vs Mir.
    Last edited by Pasha K; 04-09-2014 at 02:15 PM.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post

Seriously it is a torture to watch the whole 20 minutes of that garbage. In the whole fight I think that only 3 or 4 punches landed.
    If a fight like that happened today in the UFC, I think that everybody would leave the arena.

Fights that involved Nobuhiko Takada were also extremely boring (They were probably all fixed anyway).

Fights in recent memory....Kongo vs Shawn Jordan was really horrible. Leben vs Brunson, Nelson vs Mir.
    A lot of the early pride events were terrible. So many awful fights with a couple decent ones here and there.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Fights that involved Japanese Pro wrestlers were really awful.

Brazilians, Americans, Russians, Dutch fighters they all came to fight! Some Japanese fighters also came to fight!!
    But many others were just standing putting faces like pretending that they are so damn concentrated preparing a lethal strategy, and then they throw nothing for 5 minutes.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

4. Default

Monson vs Sylvia is right up there for me. Jones vs Rashaad was supremely un-entertaining too.

I have a hard time with this topic, as boring is such a subjective term. I find a lot of "boring" fights much more interesting too on a re-watch then they were live, so do they still count as boring? A PRIME example of this is Shields v Henderson. Watching that fight live, I was def. more interested in the scenery serving the drinks then the fight on tv, but re-watching that fight, it was really impressive to see Jake do the things he was doing, especially to a wrestler the caliber of Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post

Surprisingly, Hendo vs Vitor was awful. Wandy vs Arona as well.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information