Thread: Ben Askren headlines May's ONE FC 15 vs. Bakhtiyar Abbasov

Default Ben Askren headlines May's ONE FC 15 vs. Bakhtiyar Abbasov

Ben Askren headlines May's ONE FC 15 vs. Bakhtiyar Abbasovhttp://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/ben-ask...tiyar-abbasov/

Former Bellator MMA welterweight champion Ben Askren will make his highly anticipated ONE FC debut next month in Singapore.

Askren (12-0) will headline “ONE FC 15: Honor & Glory” against Bakhtiyar Abbasov (11-2), promotion officials have announced. ONE FC 15 will take place May 30 at Singapore Indoor Stadium in Kallang, Singapore. The main card will stream via an online pay-per-view.

Also on tap for the card is a lightweight bout between Caros Fodor (8-4) and Willy Ni (15-8), plus light heavyweights Jake Butler (3-1) vs. Pane Haraki (3-2). More fights will be announced in the coming weeks.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

What a top flight challenger.

Don't know this guy, but at least he has a decent record with 9 straight wins. No one else out there really to fight.

I looked at onefc's website and can't find where it lists there champions. Do they have a 170 pound champ? Not real familiar with their product.

It is a shame that Askren will never be in the UFC when he is better than a large majority of UFC welterweights.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    It is a shame that Askren will never be in the UFC when he is better than a large majority of UFC welterweights.
    Why do you say never? He wins three or four in onefc by finish and the ufc calls him up. I know he and Dana have history, but money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Why do you say never? He wins three or four in onefc by finish and the ufc calls him up. I know he and Dana have history, but money talks.
    Fitch and Shields got cut for being boring. Askren is notorious for being boring by many fans even though I disagree. The UFC had a chance to sign him in his prime and fight the top guys in the world and they chose not to.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

They need to hurry and sign shields and put him and askren together in the fall.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Good, now he can bore people on an international level...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    They need to hurry and sign shields and put him and askren together in the fall.
    Would they fight? I know that they have trained a lot together in the past, are they still training partners?

What else can they do?
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information