Thread: Nate Marquardt vs James Te Huna headlines UFC Fight Night event on June 28 in New Zea

Default Nate Marquardt vs James Te Huna headlines UFC Fight Night event on June 28 in New Zea

Nate Marquardt vs James Te Huna headlines UFC Fight Night event on June 28 in New Zealand

James Te Huna and Nate Marquardt are expected to hook 'em up in the main event of the latest and greatest Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) "Fight Night" event in New Zealand, which is scheduled to take place on June 28, 2014, inside Auckland's Vector Arena.

The MMA Corner first announced the pairing on Monday.
    rom UFC Managing Director New Zealand, Australia and Canada Tom Wright:

"We are very excited about the UFC's debut event in New Zealand. This country has a proud and successful combat sports history and certainly punches above its weight with representation in the UFC. We're coming with a card featuring some of the greatest international and local fighters in mixed martial arts. Kiwis love their sport, and we have a great fan base already in New Zealand with mixed martial arts becoming increasingly popular."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Ok im confused here. Did Te Huna drop to mw and Nate go back up to mw?

I'm glad Nate is going back to Middleweight; I just wasn't crazy about him as a Welterweight hopefully this fight puts him back on the map. Would love to see Marquardt vs Munoz or Rockhold in the future.

I don't know. A guy who was just fighting at 170 is fighting a guy who was just fighting at 205....

Quote Originally Posted by d-low View Post
    I'm glad Nate is going back to Middleweight; I just wasn't crazy about him as a Welterweight hopefully this fight puts him back on the map. Would love to see Marquardt vs Munoz or Rockhold in the future.

This is very weird. Huge size advantage for Te Huna. I see it being very difficult for Nate to do much.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

All I care about is when they announce who Mark Hunt will fight on this card.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Wow what a weird matchup. I mean a LHW coming off of two losses fighting a WW coming off of three losses and this is going to the main event? I'm assuming that this card is going to be loaded with the guys from this season of TUF seeing as how none of them are fighting at the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    All I care about is when they announce who Mark Hunt will fight on this card.
    I'd be pretty surprised to see Hunt in a co-main with such a weak main event.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

WOO HOO!!!
    Thought i'd never see it.

First NZ UFC show baby!!!

Thread Information