+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In pre-fight interview, Bellator 116's Rob Emerson makes startling accusation

I find few things more contemptible then when someone spouts off a variation of "I've got a secret." The public's imagination is infinitely worse than reality, and he can do terrible damage to McCall's reputation without actually committing libel. That's passive-aggressive, manipulative, and weak.

Although, coming from a guy with Emerson's past, I guess I shouldn't have expected anything better.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I find few things more contemptible then when someone spouts off a variation of "I've got a secret." The public's imagination is infinitely worse than reality, and he can do terrible damage to McCall's reputation without actually committing libel. That's passive-aggressive, manipulative, and weak.

Although, coming from a guy with Emerson's past, I guess I shouldn't have expected anything better.

rh
    I feel like the general reaction from fans though is that Emerson is being a jackass. I don't think anyone is thinking terrible things about Mccall now.

Not thinkin' anything I didn't already think about a man that looks like that and goes by "uncle creepy". Lol

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    Not thinkin' anything I didn't already think about a man that looks like that and goes by "uncle creepy". Lol
    You thought he had magical powers in which he can give someone a heart disorder? haha

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    You thought he had magical powers in which he can give someone a heart disorder? haha
    Nah. My guess would be he is insinuating that Ian gave the man drugs, or pressured him into to drugs, or blew drugs up his... Ugh, you get my point. Drugs. Not sayin' I think that, just that Emerson seems too...

I think uncle creepy is the nickname you give to the local...ugh... pervert, as it were... And I would change that if I were him.

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    Nah. My guess would be he is insinuating that Ian gave the man drugs, or pressured him into to drugs, or blew drugs up his... Ugh, you get my point. Drugs. Not sayin' I think that, just that Emerson seems too...

I think uncle creepy is the nickname you give to the local...ugh... pervert, as it were... And I would change that if I were him.
    Yeah that is what he was insinuating but the drugs aren't what killed him so it was an ignorant statement.

Shane died because his heart problems. There is a lot if illegal drugs Ian could have been providing Shane or convincing to do that could have made Shane's heart complications worse.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Long QT Syndrome: Causes

From the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute site.

Edit: The drugs found in his system at the time certainly didn't aid in any way.

Coroner: Del Rosario's death due to natural causes; cocaine found in system
    The immediate causes of death were listed as anoxic encephalopathy, ventricular fibrillation and Long QT Syndrome. But the death certificate also listed “other significant conditions contributing to death but not resulting in the underlying cause;” namely cocaine, opiates and THC were present in the fighter’s body.
    The drugs may have not been the sole cause of Shane's death but it seems they did contribute.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information