Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Diaz Complains & Dana White Responds

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Not bad money in your opinion? Your not a world class fighter, Nate Diaz is, so there's a slight difference there. He's won TUF, fought for the title, and is constantly beating top 10 fighters, and finishing a good amount of them. Your just some regular person that will probably never see 120k in a year, so of course you think that is some great amount of money to make in one night (not to mention he has to WIN or he gets half of that), but Nate Diaz and many other fighters have bigger dreams than you and have been working towards them for a long time.
    Well to be fair, it wasnt bad money to Nate when he signed on the dotted line right? Otherwise he shouldnt have signed the contract.

My opinion is that Nate truly believed he would win the belt and that would have allowed him to make more money or renegotiate his contract. Which may be why he's now complaining about the money he is making.

Wouldn't call it personal, I just think it's hilarious that a regular person like you or I would actually say "X amount is great money!" when it's professional athletes we are talking about. Of course a regular person with a regular job would think that is amazing money for one night Lol.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Not bad money in your opinion? Your not a world class fighter, Nate Diaz is, so there's a slight difference there. He's won TUF, fought for the title, and is constantly beating top 10 fighters, and finishing a good amount of them. Your just some regular person that will probably never see 120k in a year, so of course you think that is some great amount of money to make in one night (not to mention he has to WIN or he gets half of that), but Nate Diaz and many other fighters have bigger dreams than you and have been working towards them for a long time.
    That's cute. I make just about $100k (give or take depending on my commissions) now and im only 29.

Oh you got big dreams? Congratulations, so does everybody else. You gotta make it happen.

If Nate would have won the title and then not have gotten destroyed by Thompson, his contract would be better; simple as that. Once he finishes his obligation/contract then he can renegotiate or leave and try and find a better deal. I dont see how anybody can shit on the UFC or Dana for a contract that Nate signed. He didnt have to sign it, he chose to.

Nate is not a champion, never will be. He is not a huge PPV draw, he doesnt bring in huge numbers so he doesnt get the big dollars.

Yeah Nate signed the contract and I agree with Daellusx that Nate was overconfident in thinking he would beat Ben before signing the new contract. Bad move on his part, but Nurmagomedov is still a very unlucrative fight to be offered for the amount of money that Nate makes, when you consider all the entertaining fights he's had for the UFC and the good success he's had at LW. I will also add that I think people still care about LW division more than the other smaller divisions, people just got a bit tired of the Frankie Edgar/Ben Henderson time period. So I don't see why it would be bad to see someone like Nate get paid a bit more, and maybe some more guaranteed money. I mean, Nate is somebody who, anytime he is in a main card slot or headlines a free card, people usually will say "that was a good fight". That is a valuable fighter to have. He is somebody who keeps or draws attention to the UFC moreso than most other guys, as opposed to leaving people uninterested.

and Nate Diaz isn't a PPV draw? Pettis vs Bendo was a huge fight at LW and did 270k buys, and that was a pretty solid card overall. Edgar and Bendo both put off weak numbers other than Edgar's fights with Penn. If Diaz isn't a draw, then I guess nobody at LW is anymore.
    Last edited by dbader08; 04-09-2014 at 08:04 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Gotta jump back in on this one more time.

First... there are TWO topics being discussed here : 1) Does the UFC pay fighters fairly? and 2) Does Nate Diaz make a lot of money?

I was ONLY discussing the FIRST point.
    Whether or not Nate is happy with his money, or should have signed the contract... that's not what I'm talking about.

All I'm saying is that ALL fighters in the UFC are underpaid.

I think that because I think the UFC makes a SHIT load of money... and they are not equitably sharing that with the fighters.

That's my only point!

But! To those of you who keep saying "You can't possibly know how much money the UFC makes"...

I'm not sure why people keep saying that?

Perhaps you aren't very good at basic math. Perhaps you can't see what is plainly obvious.
    As stated before... if you want to know how much the UFC pulls in profit there are a NUMBER of ways to get a ballpark figure for that.

I have detailed several.
    If you still insist that there is "no way to know" how much the UFC pulls in... well... I don't know what to say.
    Other than common sense and observation can go a LONG way... even if one doesn't have official figures.

For instance... I can tell you that Walmart/McDonalds/Etc. can afford to pay their workers a lot more than they do.
    I don't know their financial details... but I do know they turn massive profits.
    Which means they are NOT paying their workers what they could...
    Because if they DID... ... ... THEY WOULDN'T BE POSTING MASSIVE PROFITS!!!!! (Instead they'd post REASONABLE profits that would still allow owners to live in luxury... while ALSO allowing workers to earn a larger share of the profits)

That's about as straight forward as I can put it.

Yeah Nate signed the contract and I agree with Daellusx that Nate was overconfident in thinking he would beat Ben before signing the new contract. Bad move on his part, but Nurmagomedov is still a very unlucrative fight to be offered for the amount of money that Nate makes, when you consider all the entertaining fights he's had for the UFC and the good success he's had at LW. I will also add that I think people still care about LW division more than the other smaller divisions, people just got a bit tired of the Frankie Edgar/Ben Henderson time period. So I don't see why it would be bad to see someone like Nate get paid a bit more, and maybe some more guaranteed money. I mean, Nate is somebody who, anytime he is in a main card slot or headlines a free card, people usually will say "that was a good fight". That is a valuable fighter to have. He is somebody who keeps or draws attention to the UFC moreso than most other guys, as opposed to leaving people uninterested.
    I love the Diaz brother's fights, they're always entertaining. I hate to hear them speak but I love to watch them fight. Im not arguing that Nate isnt worth more money (im not arguing that he is, either). Im just saying that he signed the deal, so he has no room to bitch about it. Period.

^ that is still just an opinion because you have no idea what they bring in and what they put out. So it is speculation at best. Walmarts numbers are public information so that shit can actually be figured out.
    Last edited by 0mega1; 04-09-2014 at 08:12 PM.

I can't believe people are actually saying "we don't know if the UFC is pulling in a profit" just because you can't see their financials? Really? Let's be real. You do realize that EA Sports pays UFC for the license? You do realize Fox pays UFC to air their fights? Its like the NFL... do you think the NFL pays for production when their football games are shown on Fox? No, Fox pays for it. Same goes for the UFC fights. I'm sure the UFC pays employees for for tear up and tear down of the octagon and all that other stuff but production wise it is covered by Fox Sports. I can see them having to pay production wise for PPVs but I'm sure one of their sponsors pays for it.

To actually think the UFC doesn't turn a huge profit is ridiculous. If that statistic is true that the UFC is worth over 3 billion dollars then it is worth just about the Yankees and Cowboys combined! And we all know they aren't profitable.

They make a lot of money, compared to other athletes. They only fight once every 3,4,5,6 months while more professional athletes are performing a few times a week. If you don't like the wage, get a new job, no one is forcing them to fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by braddahmatt View Post
    I can't believe people are actually saying "we don't know if the UFC is pulling in a profit" just because you can't see their financials? Really? Let's be real. You do realize that EA Sports pays UFC for the license? You do realize Fox pays UFC to air their fights? Its like the NFL... do you think the NFL pays for production when their football games are shown on Fox? No, Fox pays for it. Same goes for the UFC fights. I'm sure the UFC pays employees for for tear up and tear down of the octagon and all that other stuff but production wise it is covered by Fox Sports. I can see them having to pay production wise for PPVs but I'm sure one of their sponsors pays for it.

To actually think the UFC doesn't turn a huge profit is ridiculous. If that statistic is true that the UFC is worth over 3 billion dollars then it is worth just about the Yankees and Cowboys combined! And we all know they aren't profitable.
    Who said they werent making a profit?

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I thought from all the complaining, he was getting something like 20,000/20,000 to show/win but 60/60 is pretty damn good wtf lol. There's way more ppl who can complain than him
    He made 15 to show 15 to win against maynard
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information