Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Nate Diaz Complains & Dana White Responds

I guess to break down the term, the gate is the imaginary line between title shot and no title shot. The gate keeper is the guy protecting that line, but he never crosses the line himself, sort of like a bouncer not entering the club, but always being at the door. To me a gate keeper can't be a gate keeper if he gets in (fights for the belt), so there has to be a good reason why not (Franklin already losing to Silva twice). I feel really silly for that whole analogy, I apologize.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

I think that's what it has devolved into--much like the term p4p has lost meaning--but originally it was breaking into the rankings/main card/big money.

There were very spirited discussions when people stated Franklin was a gatekeeper after the second Anderson loss. Franklin fans were not having it.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

If he wants more money he needs to go in and destroy top contenders FIRST. Something tells me he's just looking for a big payday before retiring. Either that or he wants to annoy Dana out of his contract and use his name to get big payday boxing fights. If he were to fight Lombard and tool him, maybe finish him, then he could make a case for a title shot or "re-negotiate" terms for better pay. But he'd done nothing but lose in his last 2 fights. Seriously......I think both of these guys need mental help and new management....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Donald Cerrone on Nate Diaz's UFC freeze: 'Go ahead, I will not be waiting'
    “If he wants to wait until he gets paid, then that’s his right,” Cerrone told MMAjunkie. “Go ahead. Wait on. I will not be waiting. I’ll be fighting whoever wants to fight.”

Cerrone (22-6 MMA, 9-3 UFC), who meets Edson Barboza (13-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) on Saturday at UFC on FOX 11, isn’t keeping tabs on Diaz’s standoff with the UFC over pay. He’s of the mindset that a fighter is responsible for his or her bottom line.

Or, in his case, frequently irresponsible, which is why Cerrone stays busy and wants to keep it that way.

“Whoever wants to make money, they can call me to fight,” he continued. “If you’re a 55-er and you want to make money, let me know. I’m down.”
    Asked if he was still struggling financially, Cerrone laughed as though his previous comments were in jest.

“Nah, I’m not broke,” he said. “I’m good. Good to go.”

Cerrone is always on the move, in fact, which probably keeps him from dwelling on his bank statements. He showed up late to the media day and parked a trio of horses from his ranch in the gym’s lot so he could ride them after practice.

When he’s not in the gym and the sun is out, Cerrone is riding, wakeboarding, rock climbing or camping. His schedule and lifestyle often puts him out of step with his team.

“I’m kind of the outcast guy,” Cerrone said. “Like, I’ve got to make those guys hang out with me; they don’t really like to do the stuff I like to do. But that’s cool. My idea of a good time and their idea of a good time are two totally different ideas of good times.”

Cerrone said he almost didn’t attend his press duty and wound up practicing by himself. He said his coaches decide his schedule, but he could “overrule” them if he felt like it.

“If it’s 80 degrees and the sun is shining and there’s no wind on the lake, I’m going to go wakeboarding, and they think I’m crazy,” he said. “They like to train, go home and sleep, eat and then do it again.”

Cerrone said he does the same, but with some well-needed distractions that almost always involve dangerous physical activity. He was once blocked from trying his hand at bull-riding by UFC President Dana White.

Despite his appetite for risk, Cerrone said he is just as excited about fighting as ever and can’t wait to test his muay Thai skills against the Brazilian Barboza, who’s also known as a devastating striker.

Fighter pay? Promotional favoritism? Unions? Whatever, dude.

“As far as the UFC treating me well and paying me, I have no complaints at all,” Cerrone said. “I hear a lot of people complaining about that. If you want more money, just fight more. That’s my answer to that.

“You want to go out there and secure your position at No. 3 or No. 4, or you want to make $200,000 a fight, whatever. UFC treats me just fine. I’m happy to be with them. As a matter of fact, whenever we go to renegotiate, I just say, ‘Whatever. Yeah, cool. Great.’”

He then adds: “They’ve never not given me a raise. They’ve never tried to decrease my money. They’ve always taken very good care of me, ever since we transferred over from the WEC until today, I’m 100 percent satisfied with what I make and what I earn in the UFC.”

Thread Information