Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz still 'completely retired,' would rather 'work at WalMart' than fight for c

Hybrid View

Default Nick Diaz still 'completely retired,' would rather 'work at WalMart' than fight for c

Nick Diaz still 'completely retired,' would rather 'work at WalMart' than fight for current UFC money

That's because Diaz is willing to comeback, but not for less than $500,000 and/or a fight against newly-minted division champion, Johny Hendricks. Until then, Diaz tonight told MMAFighting.com that he remains "completely retired."

"I never considered anything other than to renegotiate my contract or fight Johny Hendricks. All I said was, What am I getting paid? And he said, Let me check your contract. And the last text I got from him was what I would be fighting for. I didn't consider fighting for that kind of money. I didn't say anything back to him, right, but usually that means something. I'm not considering even for a second fighting any of those guys for less than $500,000. There's no way.

I'm retired. Completely retired. Unless the UFC wants to renegotiate for something I'm happy with or I'm going to be fighting for the world title, which is obviously going to be for something I'm happy with because I'll make a ton of money. 

The UFC wants me to fight. The people want me to fight. I don't want me to fight. So if we're going to need me to fight, we're going to have to work out the right deal."
    In fact, getting paid is paramount because, as Diaz admitted, he never really loved fighting from the start.

"I'm not in love with fighting. I never was. That's crazy. I don't love to fight; I don't want to fight. I get my ass beat more when I win a fight than when I lose. I know you don't want to get your ass beat. I feel the same way. I feel the exact same way about retirement. I could give a fuck. 
"I'm not going backward in this sport ever, especially in pay. Why would I? To get my ass whooped? No. I would rather work at Wal-Mart. I have enough money to buy a nice house, do some gigs, save some money.... I'm not so sure my heart was ever in it. I don't know what that means. If I'm getting paid what I want to get paid, hell yeah I'm into it. I'm not into it if it's not worth it to me. If they want to renegotiate, I like that. But if not, then I don't give a shit.... I'm ready to fight for the right money. It's worth maybe getting your face smashed in for that much money. But for less, I'd rather get a regular job and be that guy who used to fight, made a title run, Showtime/Strikeforce champion."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

With the level of customer service I would expect to receive from a Diaz, I think he'd fit in better at Comcast.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Can't wait for a Walmart skit from the guy who does the Diaz voice and cartoon.

4. Default

Oh please. Like Diaz could survive for 3 minutes in the real world working a real job. Im glad he's not fighting in the UFC. Im relieved he doesnt like their offer. As soon as people stop talking to this douchebag, hopefully we can put him in the past where he will continue to fade into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Oh please. Like Diaz could survive for 3 minutes in the real world working a real job. Im glad he's not fighting in the UFC. Im relieved he doesnt like their offer. As soon as people stop talking to this douchebag, hopefully we can put him in the past where he will continue to fade into obscurity.
    fighter bashing, but im sure since it is Diaz - people will turn a blind eye to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    fighter bashing, but im sure since it is Diaz - people will turn a blind eye to it.

Are you snitching?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

"BonesKnows - fighter bashing, but im sure since it is Diaz - people will turn a blind eye to it."

Narcin' like Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesPYWPU4C0.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	686[

...So is nothing has changed since he last retired, why are we still talking about him?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    ...So is nothing has changed since he last retired, why are we still talking about him?
    He's jealous that we're talking about his brother and not him.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Don't think he would pass the Wal-Mart aptitude test 0.0

Thread Information