+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz still 'completely retired,' would rather 'work at WalMart' than fight for c

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Unwashed masses. Do stupid people not bath? Is that where that idiom comes from?
    Wasn't too long ago that washing was frowned upon by the Church lol

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Wasn't too long ago that washing was frowned upon by the Church lol
    So was ass play
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Default Nick Diaz...the walmart greeter!

Perfect.. his dreams will come true. I know I said in another post that he would be working at a 7-11.... but walmart might be too much for him...he might have to talk to people! You just can't mean mug customers.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRpickup View Post
    Perfect.. his dreams will come true. I know I said in another post that he would be working at a 7-11.... but walmart might be too much for him...he might have to talk to people! You just can't mean mug customers.
    He'd kill in customer service. Nobody would want to return anything, WalMart saves a zillion.

or literally, he'd kill in customer service.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    He'd kill in customer service. Nobody would want to return anything, WalMart saves a zillion.

or literally, he'd kill in customer service.

rh
    He'd kill hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    The PPV numbers thing i give more so to GSP than i do to Diaz - as i look at his ppv numbers with BJ and they are relatively low at 280,000 and then the condit one which did only 400K. I'd be down for a condit diaz rematch because i am one who originally (and still do) think Diaz won that fight but by no means does he deserve a pay raise to take that rematch. There are some good title fights potentially for diaz, but he needs to win to get there. I think thr UFC gifting him the GSP title fight has somehow made him think that he can just sit around - bitch and complain about money and who hes fighting etc etc and they will gift him another one,
    How can you attribute those PPV numbers to GSP when the cards I was comparing them to were all GSP headlined cards? Nick vs GSP easily outselling any of GSP's other recent PPVs, that's all Nick Diaz. Of course, I doubt Diaz could do similar numbers vs somebody else at this point.

For the BJ card, GSP was supposed to headline that card and got hurt and Diaz-Penn got the headliner spot on very short notice. That's a tough card to sell when that happens.

The Condit card was the same situation. 400k for an interim title fight when GSP was supposed to be on the card, I bet the UFC was more than happy with that. And then GSP-Nick was a really big success, even for GSP.

He's obviously no GSP, but I think he's at least tied for the top draw now that GSP's gone, with 1 or 2 possible others I'd put right there with him. I thought the Condit fight was very close, myself, and would enjoy a rematch. Either way hopefully they get a fight signed for however much, seeing him fight vs a Lombard or Robbie should be a good indication on whether he's just coming back for the $ or if his head is actually 100% in it. If he comes back and looks lackluster then UFC will know not to deal with him if he's going to be demanding so much.
    Last edited by dbader08; 04-11-2014 at 12:51 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

"BonesKnows - fighter bashing, but im sure since it is Diaz - people will turn a blind eye to it."

Narcin' like Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesPYWPU4C0.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	686[

Bones is right. Baroni and Diaz threads fighitng bashing is ignored but some reason Vitor threads they are crazy strict.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Bones is right. Baroni and Diaz threads fighitng bashing is ignored but some reason Vitor threads they are crazy strict.
    But thats the thing RH is saying. You, nor I, nor anybody else KNOWS that to be fact because we don't see the infractions when they are given out. They're like fuckin medical records, private unless you make them public.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    But thats the thing RH is saying. You, nor I, nor anybody else KNOWS that to be fact because we don't see the infractions when they are given out. They're like fuckin medical records, private unless you make them public.
    Well, I was talking in terms of criticism within the thread by mods and other posters.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information