Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz still 'completely retired,' would rather 'work at WalMart' than fight for c

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Well, I was talking in terms of criticism within the thread by mods and other posters.
    We generally don't criticize anything publicly, unless it's incredibly egregious.

Well, I do, but then I get a ton of people whining about what a mean-old-asshole I am, and none of the other admin want to deal with that bullshit.

But when any of us see a comment that is worth an infraction, the common practice is to simply send a private warning. Not to make a big deal out of it, but to send a private message with a warning to the user. Notice the term private message. It's not a coincidence that I'm repeating it.

But for the sake of your perception, lets look at the difference between Baroni and Diaz threads. Is there a poster who goes into every thread that Baroni's name comes up in and bashes him? Is there a poster who does that with Diaz? Are there posters who will often do that multiple times in every thread?

No? Really?

Well, there are posters who were doing that for every Vitor thread. And when they were quietly given private warnings on multiple occasions, they immediately whined about them publicly and decided that since they couldn't see the private messages that were given to other users who may have bashed Baroni, or Diaz, or Bisping; there must be some type of inconsistency; or [gasp!] conspiracy afoot.

There isn't.

When admins see a comment, they give a warning. That warning is private.
    Sometimes we miss comments, but we all go and check to see if posts have been reported by other users.

bonesknows didn't even bother to report the post he was whining about in this thread, he just went and assumed that nothing had been done, so he should complain about it--and that was all after I'd already given the poster a private warning.

So honestly, it comes down to this: If you don't like the way the board is run, don't log in. There are 100s of message boards on the internet. Go find one you like, because you aren't changing a thing about the way things are done here by complaining in the main forum.

If you do like it, and want to stay, everyone is welcome. If you have a suggestion on how to make the board better, post it in the feedback forum or send one of us a PM. All the admin consult one another before doing anything severe...even if you're convinced I'm an asshole, there are 5 other guys who aren't who can keep me in check.

But the next genius who brings up fighterbashing in a bullshit passive aggressive way in the middle of the main forum is gone.
    And what's more, the first asshole who asks for that recently-banned-asshole to be unbanned goes with him.

I'm out of patience here. Some of you don't want administrators, you want some kind of internet dad who will send your brother to his room after you tattle on him. My advice to those posters is to look for a new place to troll.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Are you refering to me?

I didn't respond when you whined like a lil' bitch (your words) about me pointing out your double standards.

Please don't throw your weight around here. I like this place and the posters here, but you are fucking that right up with your nepoleon shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    Are you refering to me?

I didn't respond when you whined like a lil' bitch (your words) about me pointing out your double standards.

Please don't throw your weight around here. I like this place and the posters here, but you are fucking that right up with your nepoleon shit.
    nepolepn shit?? I don't get it. Are you saying Riv is short and found of self groping? Riv has now been compared to Hitler and Napoleon. I've always seen him as more of a Friedrich Wilhelm the first personally.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Are you refering to me?

I wasn't referring to you. I don't recall whining like a little bitch, but whatever gets you through the day, son.

I'm not throwing anything around. I'm simply stating what will happen if people persist in making a mountain out of the fighter-bashing molehill nonsense. Cause and effect.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    nepolepn shit?? I don't get it. Are you saying Riv is short and found of self groping? Riv has now been compared to Hitler and Napoleon. I've always seen him as more of a Friedrich Wilhelm the first personally.
    Was he the one who thought schools were the work of the devil, or the one who got shot in the snake tattoo? I don't remember anything that happened after the Reformation. Either way, I'm curious to know what I do that reminds you of him.

rh
    Last edited by rivethead; 04-12-2014 at 12:05 AM.
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Riv reminds me of Napoleon because I like to picture him wearing a funny hat, but I also picture him with a nice mustache, so maybe more Rollie Fingers than Napoleon.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

Was he the one who thought schools were the work of the devil, or the one who got shot in the snake tattoo? I don't remember anything that happened after the Reformation. Either way, I'm curious to know what I do that reminds you of him.

rh
    He was the one obsessed with tall people. He sent recruiters across Europe to kidnap tall men for his army. When other countries started complaining he began forcing tall men to mate with tall women in an attempt to form some sort of giant breeding program.

I just said him cause he's kinda the anti-Napoleon.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    He was the one obsessed with tall people. He sent recruiters across Europe to kidnap tall men for his army. When other countries started complaining he began forcing tall men to mate with tall women in an attempt to form some sort of giant breeding program.

I just said him cause he's kinda the anti-Napoleon.
    NICE! I totally get it. See, I talk about p4p and I include length advantages, so it all works!

was he mean to people that he didn't think were very smart?

rh

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

... not sure.

He did have crazy little man syndrome, severe narcissism and will be forever remembered as a major douche.

Historical figure bashing?

... not sure.

He did have crazy little man syndrome, severe narcissism and will be forever remembered as a major douche.

Historical figure bashing?
    cute...but I'm less than confident you know the actual meaning of any of the words you've just typed.

When did I whine about you, again?

rh

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Well I did have to spell check narcissism.

Thread Information