Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz still 'completely retired,' would rather 'work at WalMart' than fight for c

Nick Diaz on boxing Roy Jones Jr: ‘Buy my contract so we can fight’

Former UFC welterweight title challenger Nick Diaz was in Las Vegas on Saturday night, where he was in attendance for the highly anticipated rematch between Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley. Following the main event, Diaz spoke with Fighthub, where he discussed his love for boxing and why is able to enjoy them even more this year.

"I just love to watch him [Pacquiao]." Diaz told Fighthub. "I love the way he fights. I try and take what I can. This year has been good to me because I can go out and make a lot of these boxing shows. Usually I have to fight. People don't think I am a serious boxing fan but most of the time I had 3 to 6 fights a year in a career that lasted 13 years."

Diaz, although seemingly distracted during the interview, appeared to show interest in a potential boxing match against Roy Jones Jr, as he pleaded for the boxing legend to buy out his UFC contract so that it may become a reality.

‘If I could get somebody to buy my contract out from the UFC, I'd be fighting out here. Tell this guy [Roy Jones Jr.] to buy my contract so we can fight."

Reverting back to his status with the UFC, Diaz made it clear that he is interested in a title shot against Johny Hendricks, but does not expect to return to fighting unless the UFC is willing to renegotiate his contract.

"I'd like to fight for the world title against Johny Hendricks but these guys [the UFC] are kinda holding out. I'm trying to renegotiate my contract and negotiate some fights for this year. I don't know what will happen, maybe nothing. That's fine. Either way I can't complain. I had a good run. I've already had 37 fights but I would like to make a boxing run. It is up to Dana White and up to who's got the real money."

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    ... not sure.

He did have crazy little man syndrome, severe narcissism and will be forever remembered as a major douche.

Historical figure bashing?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    cute...but I'm less than confident you know the actual meaning of any of the words you've just typed.

When did I whine about you, again?

rh
    this made me LOL, when it doubt - go for the grammar.

Riv is so old, Father Time loses the fight to him.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    Riv is so old, Father Time loses the fight to him.
    Hell, I remember when Father Time was a punkass kid with a paper route.

My social security number is a pebble.
    Because I predate the Indo-Arabic numeral system.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    this made me LOL, when it doubt - go for the grammar.
    it makes me laugh that you think understanding the actual meaning of words is interchangeable with grammar.

rh
    Last edited by rivethead; 04-14-2014 at 01:40 PM. Reason: missed SickNasty's comment
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

5. Default

Hopefully Nick can come out of retirement and fight in the UFC. In the octagon, he's thrilling to watch and puts on great fights win or lose. His antics while fighting (taunting, etc) I could do without, and his attitude portrayed to the MMA universe isn't my favorite, but with GSP out, the Welterweight division could use him.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

rh
    As Renzo Gracie would say, Riv was around when Father Time was still in his Daddy's nutsack.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

My social security number is a pebble.
    Because I predate the Indo-Arabic numeral system.

it makes me laugh that you think understanding the actual meaning of words is interchangeable with grammar.

rh
    It*
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Anybody want to create a thread somewhere where we all just tell each other how much we hate each other? It would solve a lot of problems. Sort of like a forum Fight Club.
    I like the concept, but isn't there enough of that going on randomly throughout the forum threads. For me, the entertainment in watching people call each other names is the spontaneity. You'd know exactly what you're getting into if you opened a thread like that.

And you broke the first rule of Fight Club.

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    I like the concept, but isn't there enough of that going on randomly throughout the forum threads. For me, the entertainment in watching people call each other names is the spontaneity. You'd know exactly what you're getting into if you opened a thread like that.

You dont fucking talk about fight club!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post

You're wrong, bitch!

Oh, yeah I get what you mean now.

I'm sorry.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Thread Information