Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC UFN 39 Weigh Ins & Extras

Default UFC UFN 39 Weigh Ins & Extras

UFC Fight Night 39 weigh-in results: Nogueira, Nelson official for main event

The official UFC Fight Night 39 weigh-in results included:

MAIN CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 2 p.m. ET)
    •Roy Nelson (255.5) vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (238)
    •Clay Guida (146) vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri (145)
    •John Howard (171) vs. Ryan LaFlare (171)
    •Beneil Dariush (155) vs. Ramsey Nijem (156)

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 11:50 a.m. ET)
    •Daniel Omielanczuk (248) vs. Jared Rosholt (240)
    •Thales Leites (185) vs. Trevor Smith (186)
    •Jim Alers (145.5) vs. Alan Omer (146)
    •Johnny Bedford (135) vs. Rani Yahya (135.5)

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 04-10-2014 at 01:29 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Illness scraps Andrew Craig vs. Chris Camozzi at UFC Fight Night 39
    A middleweight bout between Andrew Craig (9-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) and Chris Camozzi (19-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC) has been called off just a few hours before the athletes were set to hit the scales for UFC Fight Night 39.

MMAjunkie has learned Craig is suffering from tonsillitis and was ruled out of the fight.

According to UFC officials, both fighters will still be paid their guaranteed “show” purses despite the fight being called off before the official weigh-ins.

UFN 39's John Howard plans to fight until 40, not thrilled fighting Ryan LaFlare
    “Ryan, I kind of like,” Howard said. “We came up on the same circuit, and I was rooting for him. It’s too bad we’re fighting each other. I’ll feel bad that it is him, but we’re going to do our thing and do it well.”

While he’s been to the scorecards in his past two outings, Howard believes he might be able to turn things around against a standout wrestler such as LaFlare.

“I have to win in dominant fashion like I did against (Bahadurzada), and if I keep doing it, eventually the finish will come,” he said. “Everybody has a new little signature thing they do. I think I’ve got his niche down – what he likes to do a lot. And we’re going to see it on Friday night.

“Every guy has a tell, and that’s what I look for. Because I’ve been doing it for so long, I usually find it. After the fight, I’ll tell all.”
    Ryan LaFlare changes training environment in pursuit of perfect year
    “If you’re not confident, you shouldn’t be fighting,” LaFlare said. “I believe I can be the best in the world without a doubt. And the best part about that is I’m still learning. I can learn from anybody. If anybody has something to show me, I’m very open-minded and I just continue to try and get better every fight because I want to be the champion.”

After a perfect year in 2013, LaFlare is eager to keep the ball rolling with a flawless 2014. That’s a tall order, but if he can secure a dominant win against Howard, it would be a critical step forward in LaFlare’s quest toward becoming champion.

“I’m healthy, ready to go and I feel like 2014 is going to be my year,” LaFlare said. “You’ll see an even more improved Ryan LaFlare in this fight without a doubt.”
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 04-10-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Does Nelson look more muscular than usual? Anybody know if he's switched up his camp?

Was all excited for fights on Friday then I realized it's at a stupid time on fight pass I don't get lol

zero viewership from me.......
    Last edited by Qball1974; 04-10-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Was all excited for fights on Friday then I realized it's at a stupid time on fight pass I don't get lol

zero viewership form me.......
    I love it. Tomorrow's work day is going to consist of me watching this whole card and getting paid for it

The crowd was sleeping or something?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Was a time, not that long ago, when I LOVED cards like this!

Sure... they are on at a weird time, and the caliber of the fights isn't quite PPV material... but hey!!!!
    They're FREE!!!!

Wait. What?! Now I have to pay a monthly fee to watch them on my computer?!?!?!

Fight Pass SUCKS.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    Was a time, not that long ago, when I LOVED cards like this!

Sure... they are on at a weird time, and the caliber of the fights isn't quite PPV material... but hey!!!!
    They're FREE!!!!

Wait. What?! Now I have to pay a monthly fee to watch them on my computer?!?!?!

Fight Pass SUCKS.

Just my two cents.
    I was kind of stoked to watch this until people brought up it being on fight pass. What a terrible idea. The only way I'll ever watch fights on my computer is if they weren't worth paying to watch them on tv. I guess I'll just read about them.

Anyone know if fight pass is failing miserably? I assume and hope it is.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Bummed about the Craig/Camozzi fight.

As far as Fight Pass goes, I'm ok with cards being on it. They are trying to work out deals with tech like Roku too, so it should be on your TV soon. My real complaint is that the interface sucks, it's hard to find content, and a lot of it is still blacked out in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Bummed about the Craig/Camozzi fight.

As far as Fight Pass goes, I'm ok with cards being on it. They are trying to work out deals with tech like Roku too, so it should be on your TV soon. My real complaint is that the interface sucks, it's hard to find content, and a lot of it is still blacked out in the U.S.
    I'll pass on Fight Pass lol

Thread Information