Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alexander Shlemenko calls out Tito Ortiz, who accepts

...that is assuming that Tito makes it to the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Did anybody see the two of them standing side by side? You've got a huge LHW fighting a guy who could probably fight at WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

skimming the site the whole time i was thinking of fedors brother and not realizing we were talking Shlemenko

Well... Tito DID fight with a cracked skull!!

5. Default

Bellator needs a "name" fighter to fight. So much home grown talent at this point. I'm not sure if Tito is a draw anymore. If this fight happens, Tito gets stopped within 3.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Wow. Massive size difference.

Can i change my mind now?

7. Default

For reference:

8. Default

Bjorn Rebney: There will be a ‘30-35 pound weight disparity’ between Ortiz and Shlemenko on fight night
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/22...lator-ppv-news

It appears Alexander Shlemenko has no intention of putting on much weight for his PPV bout against Tito Ortiz.

Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney revealed that the Russian middleweight champion will likely weigh just over 190lb. come fight night, which puts him at a significant weight disadvantage against former UFC light-heavyweight champ Ortiz.

Rebney estimated that the actual weight disparity between the two competitors would be around '30-35 pounds,' and believes that will add intrigue to the match-up itself.

"It's 20 pounds on paper, but legitimately, Shlemenko walks around at 190." Rebney told Sherdog.com. "He's a guy who cuts four pounds, who stops eating big meals a day and a half before the fight to cut four pounds of water weight to make 185. He's a typical Eastern European fighter who's not interested in the cut. By the time that fight goes into the cage, you're probably looking at a 30-, 35-pound weight disparity between Tito and Alexander. I think that's what gives a lot of the punch behind that big fight that we've got coming up in May."
    Shlemenko holds a 50-7 record in MMA competition and has been Bellator's middleweight champ since winning the vacant title back at Bellator 88. Rebney sees the Russian as fighter who can draw ratings, even going so far as to compare him to Ivan Drago from Rocky IV.

"That guy's going to turn over numbers, but it's the spinning back fists, it's his amazingly exciting style, coupled with the fact that he's got that whole Drago persona. Literally, we've had the guy signed for four years and I think I've seen him smile three times."
    Bellator 120 take place on May 17 at the Landers Center in Southaven, Mississippi.

How is an athletic commision allowing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    How is an athletic commision allowing this?
    Money talks in Memphi$

Thread Information